Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
you ever work in a callcenter? i worked in a few callcenters

one i liked a lot was inbound booking...in 03 so people hadn't yet "made the switch" to doing everything online so we booked hotels and cars and such...

anyway what i liked most was i would sit in the Spanish Language section with myfriend Milton, because my boss never would check on me if i was sitting there, so i just played mario golf all day on my GBA SP :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
no I've never worked in a call center

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

*drinks at work*

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

*stalls really important super helpful new thing with pointless roadblocks for many months because it would involve learning something, reading something, changing something, or doing any work*

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

No I will NOT do this literally 30 second task that would save 8 people losing an entire working day because you didn't follow the PROCESS and submit a ServiceNow ticket (that I have historically always ignored, and in future will continue to totally ignore, any and all SLAs for with zero consequence)

A CRAB IRL fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 23, 2022

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

*ignores pages I don't want to deal with even though is on call and paid extremely well to be on call* "gently caress engineering"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A CRAB IRL posted:

No I will NOT do this literally 30 second task that would save 8 people losing an entire working day because you didn't follow the PROCESS and submit a ServiceNow ticket (that I will totally ignore any and all SLAs for with zero consequence)

bureaucracy is an art

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I worked in a call center way back in the mid/late 90's and it ruled. Had a ton of fun, did a lot of drinking, drugs and loving. Good times.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
there was a certain call center in knoxvegas which was infamous for being staffed entirely by goth sex freaks

(i was not cool enough to work there, but many of my friends did)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
*vapes audibly into microphone during bridge call*

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I drunkenly and amphetaminely yelled at a call center employee trying to restructure my non-existent student loans, and drunkenly and amphetaminely told her to euthanize her children and suck-start a shotgun and then she called me the c-word, and the call was recorded so she was probably fired, does that count?

I feel slightly bad about it, but on the other hand if you make unsolicited calls to me you should meet your end in a viral gore video.

I’m actually really sorry about it and definitely don’t deserve to be probed for my blatant meanness 5 years ago.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The best of working in the call center, for me, was the training. Four weeks of training where i and 5 other tremendous dorks sat around a table and joked the entire time. Then the job started and it was no longer fun at all.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah but they said my voice was too sultry and sumptuous. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CozyFella
Feb 1, 2022

I don't have anything of value to add to this conversation.
But I don't care.
I work at a call center for IT helpdesk and since Covid have been completely remote. I honestly will play video games while I'm working, even talking to people too. I guess its a pretty lovely employee move, but I don't get paid enough to care about that. :shrug: