Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Koos Group posted:

Erm, the accuracy of what you're implying aside, we don't give out gangtags for orgs that aren't listed as reputable in the OP (to avoid being partly responsible for scammed members), or orgs that supply lethal equipment.

I see, well if it makes it any better come back alive is an extremely well reputed and known Ukrainian organization while the Red Cross Committee in the vetted list has a chance of your money going to and legitimizing the Belarusian red cross branch that helps with the deportation of stolen children (e.g. https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/20/europe/belarus-red-cross-ukraine-children-deportations-intl/index.html)

Voices for children seems good but doesn't give a nice email confirmation though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com
Blizzard is teaming up with BlueCheck Ukraine for a charity promotion that lasts through August 29, 2023.

Blizzard is selling a time-limited pet pack - a murloc pet for World of Warcraft Classic, and a golden retriever pet for World of Warcraft Retail - for $20. All proceeds from this promotion go to BlueCheck Ukraine, less any chargebacks, refunds, value-added taxes, or other taxes. When the promotion ends, the pets will be permanently removed from the Blizzard store, unlike other previous charity pets that have been sold on the store for a profit after the charity promotion ended.

This is the promotion on Blizzard's website:

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-pet-pack-for-ukraine

This is the BlueCheck Ukraine home page:

https://www.bluecheck.in/

This is a May 22, 2022 NPR interview with Liev Schreiber, who founded BlueCheck Ukraine (with a brief text summary):

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/22/1100564550/liev-schreiber-bluecheck-ukraine-help

From what I can tell, BlueCheck Ukraine gives money to fund the humanitarian aid work of many different small groups in Ukraine. They claim to support humanitarian relief efforts only, not military efforts.

I'm not a master internet detective and can't prove BlueCheck Ukraine's claims. However, Blizzard has recently had a ton of horrible PR over various scandals (I won't go into the details; a quick internet search for "Blizzard scandals" should cough up a list for anyone who wants to know). Activision-Blizzard is also trying to merge with Microsoft. I would expect that Blizzard's lawyers and their marketing team have vetted BlueCheck Ukraine, since the last thing Blizzard needs is yet another scandal.

I bought the pet pack. BlueCheck Ukraine is not on this thread's gang tag list and I don't want a gang tag anyway. I just wanted to share information about the promotion, especially if anyone here is short on money to donate but has some Battle.net balance to spare. Battle.net balance can be legitimately earned by selling in-game World of Warcraft gold on the in-game auction house, through Blizzard's "WoW Token" system.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
Donation Details
Date
September 8, 2023
Transaction ID
9PM18312BY847815X
Purpose
Charitable donation for our partner "Voices of Children" (Ukraine)
Donation to
Bamberg:UA e.V.
Donation from
XXXXX
Donation amount
€203.40 EUR

+200 more euros for voices.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

I lost my :toxx: in the DnD Ukraine thread.

quote:

You donated 51.12 € EUR to Bamberg:UA e.V.

Donation Details

Date: 11 September 2023

Transaction ID: [REDACTED, just in case, the internet is crazy]

Purpose: Charitable donation for our partner "Voices of Children" (Ukraine)

Reference:

Donation to: Bamberg:UA e.V.

Donation from: [REDACTED]

Donation amount: 51.12 € EUR

Amount sent: 51.12 € EUR

So 50 euros + some for paypal's charges or something. I have no idea if I qualify for a gangtag, but if I do, I'd like one as I've never had one. :)

Also, Putin can eat poo poo and die.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Hope it's okay to post this but I thought I'd put this out there, https://ishallsinguntilmylandisfree.com/ is a Ukrainian record label with experimental music (some of which you may already be familiar with), that donates all profits to the conflict. They're currently having a sale.

I think in addition to donating directly to a charity, spending a few bucks to support the artists and culture keeps hope alive, with the bonus of knowing the profits do go to a charity. They have a list of charities they support in their donations page.

stratdax fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 21, 2023

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
I think it's time this thread got bumped.

Emptied out the coin jar next to my bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sic Semper Goon posted:

I think it's time this thread got bumped.

Emptied out the coin jar next to my bed.

Mods, give this goon 73 AV change certs :colbert: