Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Yeah today was the day I learned that Obi-Wan was quite the playa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
The High Republic is interesting from what I've read so far in that it seems to reject a lot of the (in my opinion) dumber parts of Jedi that got tacked on in the prequel era. In the same book quoted, they explain that Jedi do indeed make love (as they do, to some extent, celebrate and encourage positive emotion), but that they're not supposed to form any attachments that they'd put above their duty. But the main character is a teenager who is super not comfortable explaining his order's views on sex to a girl his own age he just met, so he just tells her "yeah we're celibate." :v:

Also on the note of being mad at Lucas, I try to cut him more slack than many but I will die mad about him interfering with the New Jedi Order to switch two characters' fates such that it ruined the arcs that authors had spent years building by going "yeah I already had a character named Anakin that wrestled with his darkness you can't also do it."

(also also, count me in the camp that thinks KotOR II is basically the best thing in Star Wars)

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

S T A R M E T A L C A S T E
Okay, look, something has come up in my life to make LPing something with physical components basically impossible. I’m just not in a position to keep doing Star Wars LIFE. I don’t actually intend on abandoning it permanently - I’ll probably need a break sometime in the middle of my next LP and it’ll make a good break - but I need to dedicate this time to switching over. Expect an update in a bit.

In the meantime, Aces High, disposablewords, MagusofStars, ZCKaiser, your starwarsposting has passed muster and I’d like to put it in the OP so I can save it for posterity. Do I have your permission to throw links to your posts up there where I can go back and pull them out of the archive for the next round of the thread?

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Fine by me, please take care of yourself.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Good luck, F111.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I am a-ok with that, the real life is far FAR more important than the game of LIFE

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Unfortunate that you're getting derailed so suddenly, but ah well, so it goes. And yeah if you want to archive stuff I post, go ahead. Good luck with whatever's come up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

S T A R M E T A L C A S T E
Okay, if you’re interested, I’ve finally started the new LP: Doki Doki Blue Skies, a mod that turns that one game where the waifu kills her friends and tries to take over your computer into a psychological drama about mental health. So, it’s still pretty grim, but in subject matter rather than quality :v:.