Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

Barco Fiesta posted:

He sings the songs that remind me of the worser times
He sings the songs that remind me of the hate crimes :gonk:

Holy loving poo poo lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

I've been hoping you'd post buddy! For you I've selected this song off their 2004 record, wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC6Qi58monA

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

rear end-penny posted:

I've been hoping you'd post buddy! For you I've selected this song off their 2004 record, wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC6Qi58monA

:peanut: I'm ready 2 get my anarchy on

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

nut

Barco Fiesta posted:

He sings the songs that remind me of the worser times
He sings the songs that remind me of the hate crimes :gonk:

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

:peanut: I'm ready 2 get my anarchy on

Did you ever listen to that song that isn't about anarchy and did you like it y/n please

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

Did you ever listen to that song that isn't about anarchy and did you like it y/n please

yes. at first it seemed like a trashing song, but then it ended up being about not trashin.

he sounds like Prozakk so that's always a plus.

:buddy: 4/5 weed asses. this track makes u think

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

yes. at first it seemed like a trashing song, but then it ended up being about not trashin.

he sounds like Prozakk so that's always a plus.

:buddy: 4/5 weed asses. this track makes u think

yes this is a self reflective song, I think it is a good quality to have, I'm not trying to get at you about trashing, because obviously. when nut mentioned Prozzäk in the first post of the thread I thought it was a Prozac joke I didn't get and never asked, but when you spelled it that way I googled that and got linked to Prozzäk's wiki and turns out it is a Prozac joke I didn't get. Does Danbert (who does most of the singing on a man walks into a bar) just sound like one of these dudes or are there other parallels? I have literally never heard of them before now.

Anyways glad you enjoyed.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

yes this is a self reflective song, I think it is a good quality to have, I'm not trying to get at you about trashing, because obviously. when nut mentioned Prozzäk in the first post of the thread I thought it was a Prozac joke I didn't get and never asked, but when you spelled it that way I googled that and got linked to Prozzäk's wiki and turns out it is a Prozac joke I didn't get. Does Danbert (who does most of the singing on a man walks into a bar) just sound like one of these dudes or are there other parallels? I have literally never heard of them before now.

Anyways glad you enjoyed.

they sound similar b/c they're from the same period and they both go out of their way 2 remind u that they're British w/ those vocals

snergle

A kind little mouse!
apparently there are nazis at the opera and the boy bands have won. i checked and kpop are basically boybands and the opera people seem to love wagner. so i guess chumbawamba knows their poo poo

Ass-penny

snergle posted:

apparently there are nazis at the opera and the boy bands have won. i checked and kpop are basically boybands and the opera people seem to love wagner. so i guess chumbawamba knows their poo poo

So like did you do research to make this post or are you just going to be my favorite goon because this poo poo was real. Song in a future post sorry I'm just going to cry for a minute.

Ass-penny

snergle posted:

Sorry for the delay. snergle seems like they get it and I hate to reference the same record a second time before branching out to the other records but The Boy Bands Have Won honestly has mad bangers on it like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjnAhqw1_RU

Use your singing time constructively, friends.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

biosterous

gib song pls

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Ass-penny

biosterous posted:

gib song pls

for esteemed byob poster biosterous I have selected a song off Chumbwamba's debut album Pictures of Starving Children Sell Records which came out in 1986.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJt9P1TnQH4

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

rear end-penny posted:

Holy loving poo poo lmao

*minor key, reduced tempo*
I get knocked down
I don't get up again
The homophobes are keepin me down
I get knocked down
I don't get up again
Because the homophobes cracked me crown

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I have been knocked down by homophobes several times and over time it actually became pretty easy to get up again. Just another life lesson from the lads and lasses over at Chumbawamba.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

biosterous

rear end-penny posted:

for esteemed byob poster biosterous I have selected a song off Chumbwamba's debut album Pictures of Starving Children Sell Records which came out in 1986.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJt9P1TnQH4

cutting right to a dead tone right after "kill your revolution dead" is powerful :haibrower:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Ass-penny

bump, still listening to a lot of the wamba.

Stoner Sloth

rear end-penny posted:

bump, still listening to a lot of the wamba.

wamba me up chumba!

Ass-penny

Stoner Sloth posted:

wamba me up chumba!

my good posting pal Stoner Sloth! for you I've selected Look! No Strings! from the 1992 record Shhh. I hope you enjoy! as they say, have a good time all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rKCBkV99TY

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I always liked Mary, Mary. Mainly because it was the song in the cool intro to Stigmata

Good Ship Lifestyle was cool too

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Ass-penny

Viginti Septem posted:

I always liked Mary, Mary. Mainly because it was the song in the cool intro to Stigmata

Good Ship Lifestyle was cool too

honestly that record had a lot of bangers on it! I think it gets a bad wrap because they are anarchists and took that big label money, but as they said in one of the things I watched about them, in putting out records they had no choice but to be exploited by capitalists, so why not get exploited by the best capitalists? also it had the side benefit of putting their music in the hands of a lot of people who probably would have never heard of the band otherwise.

for you I've selected a track from 1995's Swingin' With Raymond, which has a lot of chill, vaguely folksy songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLUtUFxiXmY

baka of lathspell

bump. give me a chombo wombo song

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Ass-penny

baka fwocka fwame posted:

bump. give me a chombo wombo song

I don't even think VS or SS listened to their songs :negative:

going back through the songs I've already shared I'm REAL surprised to see I haven't shared and songs off of WYSIWYG, probably right behind The Boy Bands Have Won for my favorite Wamba. it was hard to pick a song tho. this was the second record of theirs I heard; I bought it visiting a friend who was going to college in a small town in western Minnesota, right by the South Dakota boarder. I listened to it on my drive back to the twin cities, and I felt like I knew all of the songs already, even that first time I listened to it. I don't have that experience often, and the whole record jived with how I felt coming home from that trip.

anyways this song is great and I hope you can get something out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQmAZr9DtYs

baka of lathspell

ok so basically by the end of that song i felt like i was listening to a newer ish belle & Sebastian song & I wouldn’t be surprised if they were a big influence. it starts off as sort of a reggaey groove before it gets bouncy with the brass. the lyrics to me seemed like having ocd maybe like you obsess over ur life & character or whatever but things go wrong in that area anyway. overall that was a v pleasant listening experience with a sort of disembodied despair hanging over an upbeat coalescence of sounds

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Ass-penny

WYSIWYG is definitely one of their pop-ier efforts. honestly I haven't listened to a lot of Belle and Sebastian. Chumbawamba predates them by over a decade, but that isn't to say members of the Wamba didn't get down.

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

WYSIWYG is definitely one of their pop-ier efforts. honestly I haven't listened to a lot of Belle and Sebastian. Chumbawamba predates them by over a decade, but that isn't to say members of the Wamba didn't get down.

Pitch Shifter had a song by the same title...

:abrathink:

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

Pitch Shifter had a song by the same title...

:abrathink:

never heard of pitch shifter, except for the pitch shift setting on an effects pedal. also there's no song title in that post.

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

never heard of pitch shifter, except for the pitch shift setting on an effects pedal. also there's no song title in that post.

https://youtu.be/kMubrMtjiz0

never figured out what that acronym stands for btw. definitely can't be bothered to google it. oh well!

Areola Grande

What You See Is What You Get apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Barco Fiesta posted:

*minor key, reduced tempo*
I get knocked down
I don't get up again
The homophobes are keepin me down
I get knocked down
I don't get up again
Because the homophobes cracked me crown

sorry for the extreme delayed response. it isn't the violence of homophobia I'm laughing at but that other post

How Wonderful! posted:

I have been knocked down by homophobes several times and over time it actually became pretty easy to get up again. Just another life lesson from the lads and lasses over at Chumbawamba.

:glomp:

Areola Grande posted:

What You See Is What You Get apparently

yes I was introduced to this acronym in college, probably 07 or so. the wamba cd kind of made a reference to this, because the front is just yellow, the acronym, and a dog in profile, and then when I removed the yellow cd there was a fanny as the art under that, I thought it was clever.