Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

It's cook or die time again.

If you post in this thread, you must present photographic evidence that you have prepared a noodle dish by the passing of THE IDES OF MARCH (Tuesday, March 15 for those unfamiliar).

Good noods will be rewarded with praise.

Failure to post noods will be punished by a probation whose length depends on my mood at the time.

Go now and make noodles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

noods

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
sdooN

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

Liquid Communism posted:

It's cook or die time again.

If you post in this thread, you must present photographic evidence that you have prepared a noodle dish by the passing of THE IDES OF MARCH (Tuesday, March 15 for those unfamiliar).

Good noods will be rewarded with praise.

Failure to post noods will be punished by a probation whose length depends on my mood at the time.

Go now and make noodles!

Does Top Ramen count?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

DrCaptainSir posted:

Does Top Ramen count?

Shameful noods are still noods.

Maybe do something more creative than the chicken flavored salt pack they come with. :D

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Will post noods. I got some Cascatelli from the GiP secret satan and have been itching to try it out. Let's see what's in the freezer to make sauce!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I got lucky and had noodles in my sad soup

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I was already planing to make simple noods when I saw the thread, tho my photos suck. So have some well disguised noods:

Some simple one pot casareccia risotata with lentils in putanesca style.
Brown aromatics and anchovies. I used carrots bc they were on sale, but it wasn't great.
Add lentils, water, spices (salt, white pepper, red pepper, dried basil) cook for almost an hour. Shorter if your like your lentils to have texture.
Add noods, sliced olives and other stuff like baked mushrooms. I was out of capers, otherwise they go in too.
The only photo where you can actually see the noods:

Cook for 10-15 more minutes. It needs a bit longer then the package direction, to even get to al dente.
Finish with Pecorino.

If you never had puttanesca before the secret ingredient is olives. Otherwise it is the butter.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Made some chicken noodle soup tonight

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Chinese wheat noods in spicy hotpot-style broth with bok choy, scallions, shiitakes and ground pork.

Much facial moisture occurred while consuming.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Can i post random poo poo I make at work?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Cascatelli "bolognese" Made a meat sauce with brisket drippings and put it over my fancy pasta!

Wroughtirony fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 9, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Here's my garbage.

Soba noods with edamame, mushrooms, green peppers and crab rangoon. Sesame seeds, chives and nori for garnish. I like a little Sriracha on these kinds of noods.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Gonna make some noods

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Made some chicken noodle soup tonight

Traditionally noodly, well done.

That's just weakness leaving your body. All hail the spicy noods!

Would.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Not the most photogenic dish

The world's most simple hummus pasta (using roasted garlic hummus because the store was out of roasted red pepper).

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Some more recently-made noods:

Shanghai scallion oil noodles. How easy scallion oil is to make and how many dishes it's great in was my favorite food discovery of 2021.

Shoyu ramen. Once I figured out how to make a decent shoyu tare, this quickly became my go-to 'can't think of what to cook' weeknight dinner. I use the same scallion oil as the aroma oil here.

Dan dan mian. Took a few tries before I finally got the sauce to the spice level I like.

Mi goreng with chicken, the non-instant kind. My current favorite dish.

Shin Ramyun Red with beaten egg and seaweed flakes, served in a gold-colored pot. Just like how the Korean aunties in the street food stalls in Seoul make 'em.

Jjapaguri/ram-don with the requisite fried egg.

anakha fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 13, 2022

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
I cook, I die, I cook again!

Serious Eats' fennel and spring onion cream sauce, but with leek too. Because spring, or something.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Wahad posted:

I cook, I die, I cook again!

Serious Eats' fennel and spring onion cream sauce, but with leek too. Because spring, or something.

Next time you need to eat before the spiders come! :ohdear:

Unrelated to thread: I like leeks which is odd because I hate onions. I guess it's just that They're so much milder than actual onions.. Made a nice Dublin coddle with them last night.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

This is "Oh god the 1yo is sick throw the fridge together quick" noods

The Aardvark fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 14, 2022

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I did make a nood yesterday but the app isn't cooperating with pictures.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Thank you all for the excellent noods!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

:)

Only registered members can see post attachments!