Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I was walking my greyhound (on leash) last night when some huge brown blur of a dog rushed down some apartment stairs off-leash and attacked her. The owners came but didn't really make an attempt to pull it off her but eventually it ran away of its own accord. I have no idea if they even recovered it.

My vet can't see her until tomorrow morning. Is that fine? She's not bleeding but is walking real gingerly on the back leg, which has a single tooth mark in the thigh. There's a few scratches elsewhere that look minor.

Beyond that, what should I do? I really don't want to get police/animal control involved both because I don't want that dog to get euthanized and I don't want cops coming to my door. But if there's some compelling reason that I really ought to speak with them rather than man-to-man trying to get them to cover my vet bill, I'll listen.

I think she's gonna be okay but she's definitely still rattled by the whole thing. I hate that I couldn't do anything to protect her in the moment. I hate that nobody in this city keeps their dog on leash.

Help me out, goons.

edit: okay, nobody's said a thing. I feel like I'm being gawked at. Let's just close this up.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU