Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I miss calling women honeys. It was nice, it was sweet. Young guys now just call them either baddies or thotties, with no in between. I called somebody a dime the other day and these guys had no idea what I meant, quite possibly because they've never used a denomination of change smaller than a quarter. Anything less than that just goes down a Coinstar machine, I guess.

Ten years ago in a bar, somebody asked me, "Remember when everybody said trey cool? Like, that was trey cool, man." I did not, but it seems like something that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Look at this loving minge

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

I used to think that 'très bien' meant three times the regular amount of bien.

I still do.

What are we talking about here?

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
I always liked "What's the sitch?"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

"They're not going off to play cards" as a euphemism for having sex

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
hoser

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
You should have seen his phiz.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

"Bogart" meaning to hog or use without sharing.

FIX SIGNS
Aug 29, 2006

You're fucking great,
just do what you can.
Back in high school in the early nineties, in southern Ontario, "chid" was heard constantly.

Mainly describing something stupid or lame, Be it a thing or person.

I've never heard it used anywhere else in any context outside of that short period from the early to mid nineties.

Skid was another. A type of person into metal, thrash, etc.
I think this was more widespread, but only in Canada.

The intro to Vancouver based (at the time) band Skinny Puppy's song scrapyard (from 1991) has a sample of someone saying "I'm a skid I'm a skid I'm a skid" over and over.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I would love if "man/woman/NB about town" came back into fashion

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Nobody's a man-about-town these days!

The town:

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
my dad and his buddies would always say "keega" (ciga?) to each other instead of "hello". it has a nice old timey feel.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Early 80s New England: “oh my head”.

Beezle
Oct 19, 2008

Happy Steve Perry Day!
Maybe its just the more refined circles I now move in, but I haven't heard anyone declare they were "going for a dump" in recent memory.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

“True”

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
You never hear about vegetarians anymore. They've all gone vegan. Or pescatarian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Or "plant-based diet", which seems easier for some folks to swallow