Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Yaldabaoth posted:

Funny how they're so common among human cultures then, almost like it stems from the same evolutionary source regardless of culture.

lol the word "almost" is doing a hell of a job here

common is not at all the same thing as universal, let alone evidence of stemming from an evolutionary source.

there are in fact huge numbers of humans who are not homophobic or transphobic, and there have been radically different views about sexuality and gender across different cultures and in different periods of history

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Yaldabaoth posted:

Funny how they're so common among human cultures then, almost like it stems from the same evolutionary source regardless of culture.

It's common, but it's not universal. There's nothing innate about specific prejudices like homophobia or transphobia

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i dont get it, it's just a giant mirror ??

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Yaldabaoth posted:

first of all you're wrong, second of all let's pretend you're right, what do you think that means about their morality

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Money is the root of all evil and all of my problems.
You need to listen to me and look at me when I tell you, loudly, that money is evil.
I hate money and the terrible things it causes for the poor, the corruption in society, and how the rich inherently and constantly lord their wealth over others.

Bartering, of course, is natural, and shouldn't be looked down on, it's the free exchange of goods, but once that drive to create currency kicks in, like it always does, well..
Let me tell you how every single human society always has or develops currency and how that must be a genetic trait of humans to do so therefor it's our very nature to use currency and be evil.
But not me.
I noticed it. I saw this. Please look at me and how I'm shouldering the burden of this knowledge that I made up to explain why everyone's bad except me.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 3, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

all cultures inevitably develop cryptocurrency

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Yaldabaoth posted:

That sounds like a failure to consider all the possibilities. Stop listening to jorp, he doesn't have any expertise in the areas he writes about and people who do can give you a lot of reasons why he's wrong

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
human currency, social currency, moral currency, really its all just currency all the way down