Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Nihonium, which is of course named for the name of the country of Japan as pronounced in the Japanese language, has a rather famous chain of decay products, the first of which is Manganese. Manganese, when particularly successful, will undergo further decay into Animinium, or Animeum for our American viewers. Animinium has 3 primary decay products; 2 of these are produced in equal proportions to one another, although one of them certainly thinks otherwise; Dubnium and Subnium. These two isotopes, which contain equal, but opposite relevance charges, are drawn together and annihilate not only each other, but all effort involved in the discussion of their comparative merits as well.

As significant as these 2 components are, they comprise only roughly 1 percent of 1 percent of the overall decay products. The remainder of course, is Hentium, element 34. This element has many other sources as well however, so that, while Nihonium is a significant source of the world's Hentium, it is far from the only one. Another major source is Pedonium (or Ephebonium as known on Reddit and elsewhere), which has an atomic number less than 18 but claims to have hundreds or even thousands of neutrons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
That guy knew someone who used to throw up devil horns after every chemical reaction saying "I had a HAND in that reaction" and showed off his hosed up hand when he lost half his hand from an experiment gone wrong as a reminder to treat chemistry seriously

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
One time when i was in elementary school there was a guy who came to talk to oir class who was missing a bunch of fingers and some one asked him about why he didnt have fingers and he said he blew them off making fireworks when he was a kid ibdont remember what he came to the school to tell us about but I remeber he has hosed up hand that he exploded i guess

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

sounds like a communist plot is afoot

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
Did anyone actually have the Cool Science Teacher in school and if so what did they blow up/ignite

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

he took some hair from this girl in my class that was the hottest girl ive even known and set fire to it to demonstrate what burnt hair smells like

it crossed a very unfortunate wire in my brain re: smells i now find erotic

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the same thing happened to him, that's why hes continuing the hair burning cycle

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
my high school chemistry teacher was baller. 70ish year old italian guy showing up to school every day in a suit with his hair slicked back, charismatic as gently caress, was apparently rich via unknown means and just teaching for fun, rumored to be a retired mafioso. this was in suburban texas so probably a no on that last one.

chem 1 was a big, mandatory course, which he did a good job teaching, dont get me wrong, but you could tell he knew not everyone was actually interested and did his best to get them through it. he did a demo early on where he mixed up a solution that flashed our school colors in quick succession before turning clear which was awesome.

i went on to take the chem 2 ap course, which was not at all mandatory, and only taken by the interested. 7 student class, he was even cooler, going into all kinds of detail, letting us do special projects. towards the end of the school year he had us assist him with preparing some stuff which was ultimately some kind of low grade explosive he set off (with us on the other side of the room), which was cool and felt special.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

he took some hair from this girl in my class that was the hottest girl ive even known and set fire to it to demonstrate what burnt hair smells like

it crossed a very unfortunate wire in my brain re: smells i now find erotic

i had a similar experience, where one of the other students i thought was just the hottest. we both wound up staying after school one day heating glassware in the lab alone, and i burned myself 3 times i was so distracted. in addition, now you cant convince me that a turtleneck is less erotic than a thong

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
My middle school science teacher was s total weirdo with a squarish head kinda like Frankenstein except he also had googly bulging eyes lol, eventually he got fired for snapping a girl's bra

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Floodixor posted:

Did anyone actually have the Cool Science Teacher in school and if so what did they blow up/ignite

he daisy chained us all the way around the room holding hands with one at one end touching the van de graaf generator and then had the one at the far side of the room touch the sink. but someone stood close to his classroom PC and it was broken for the rest of the year

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Thanks I love periodicals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My high school chem teacher was a cool guy who used to the “walking down steps behind his desk trick” and he’d also come back up.

He also played piano at the yearly Christmas Concert and let me tell you that man could tickle them ivories something fierce.