Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sad question
May 30, 2020

I had Legos as a kid but I was always slightly intrigued by their smaller competitor, Cobi. It's a Polish manufacturer of lego-like brick sets. They have usual themed stuff like city utilities, farm, pirates etc. but bulk of their catalogue is military related and based on real vehicles. I looked through their website and some of their stuff feels slightly odd.

A lot of their stuff is WW2 based. I think those are Polish and Soviet soldiers so I guess they battle without Germans?

I like how nazi and insurgent are happily waving at each other like coworkers at the start of the shift. Fun fact: 200,000 civilians died in the uprising.

This one I include purely for the facial expressions. Have they realized the horror of their actions? Or did the edibles just start kicking in?

They also have modern stuff. War drone as a toy feels a bit weird to me. I guess you could bomb your little sisters wedding set for tactical realism.

Don't know what is happening here but those expressions are once again gold. Is the driver a terrorist or just drunk? Either way he's loving this.

Slightly concerned by the vibe this is giving off. If it's a mermaid rescue then why is she in a cage? The fella doesn't look very trustworthy.

Their police theme. Situation seems a bit intense for a toy set but at least everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.

"Wait, chief! You forgot your dynamite!".

You know, it's odd looking at police toys in this climate. But then again, when you are a child... wait a sec.

Oh no. Cobi what are you doing. No

They also have Vietnam sets. Here you can spot guy resembling certain movie character. To avoid copyright issues let's call him Roombo.

Ehhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

interesting

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Didnt know there was a brand of antisocial Legos but I think I like it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I prefer Calico Critters thank you very much.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m Walter White piloting the drone.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i tried looking for a Cobi of you posting good OP but i couldn't find one

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The Cobi police force seems only slightly less inept than real cops.

sad question
May 30, 2020

They can't resist giving Germans weird faces

Call Your Grandma posted:

i tried looking for a Cobi of you posting good OP but i couldn't find one

Harsh but fair

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

sad question posted:

Their police theme. Situation seems a bit intense for a toy set but at least everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.

if I gotta go to jail I want to get stitched up by BDSM cop in the gimp suit

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
the Lego Movie but Chris Pratt fails to capture stalingrad, making führer Will Ferrell furious

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Remember that 15 minutes when the whole Ukraine refugee thing happened

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

sad question posted:

Growing up, every kid on my block had the Michael Mann "Heat" action playset. Each day on the cul-del-sac we would argue over who got to be McCauley and who had to be Waingro.

I, of course, always demanded to be Tom Sizemore's character.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Remember that 15 minutes when the whole Ukraine refugee thing happened

This is a thread about weird Polish Legos

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Skeleton Ape posted:

They have a 535km border with Poland

EDIT:Sorry, I'm just trying to Contemporise or explain or discuss the racism, very inherent in the OP's figurines

Billy Ray Blowjob fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 29, 2022

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

sad question posted:

"Wait, chief! You forgot your dynamite!".

Why is Harry Potter escaping a police station

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

They have a 535km border with Poland

EDIT:Sorry, I'm just trying to Contemporise or explain or discuss the racism, very inherent in the OP's figurines

i'm still not understanding why you brought up ukraine, if you want to say 'eastern europe has problems with race' that was already apparent in the figurines. you're not explaining or discussing anything

sad question
May 30, 2020

Ukrainian refugees are still coming into Poland and are generally well received. To bring it back around to Cobi, they were supposed to do ghost of Kyiv set.

You might be referring to non-white refugees that were dumped by the border by Belarus and were in contrast treated badly by Poland (because of racism). That is also still happening. Border patrol recently ejected Kurd family including a paralyzed guy and left them in a forest.

It's worth discussing but I'm not sure lovely block thread is the best medium. Have a Cobi border patrol that has artillery for some reason:

Edit:

Looks like they actually made that set but it's just a weird dude and not a plane

sad question fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 29, 2022

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I will rescue the mermaid.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Mozi posted:

i'm still not understanding why you brought up ukraine, if you want to say 'eastern europe has problems with race' that was already apparent in the figurines. you're not explaining or discussing anything

youre an idiot and i dont care

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Skeleton Ape posted:

They're polish? That explains why they look so antisocial.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Thought this was about the sets of the Cosby show. They are a bit dated.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

ole kirk christiansen would not approve

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

You think this is funny but this is actually the level of all political and historical discourse in Poland

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Mokotow posted:

You think this is funny but this is actually the level of all political and historical discourse in Poland

Same but literally everywhere in the world

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everything is now a retarded knockoff of a former non-retarded brand. Cobi; legos, skyrim; elden ring, etc

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
What a retarded thing to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Perma this fuckin trash