Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

graph posted:

during the supercard main event did mark gig at the timekeepers table? lol

I was trying to figure this out because it didn’t seem like he took any shot to the head that would really result in that much blood, and yet he was suddenly bleeding buckets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I was trying to figure this out because it didn’t seem like he took any shot to the head that would really result in that much blood, and yet he was suddenly bleeding buckets

Mark gigs as Eddie is moving him over to the announcers table to slam his head into it repeatedly

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Watching the latest ROH episode. The new announcer/backstage interviewer kinda sucks, bring back Dasha.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Shard posted:

Larry Sweeny is one of my earliest independent wrestling memories. Loved that guy. His TEXARKANA TV title was so great. And he had a great three way with Colt and Delirious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-jNxrZfyu8

I know that everyone hates IWA:MS, but I discovered indie wrestling during the magic period when IWA:MS was good, the Ted Petty invitationals to this day are my favorite pro wrestling events.
Seeing Larry wrestle two of my favorite wrestlers is a real treat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Oasx posted:

I know that everyone hates IWA:MS, but I discovered indie wrestling during the magic period when IWA:MS was good, the Ted Petty invitationals to this day are my favorite pro wrestling events.

I do not hate IWA MS. Extremely funny promotion.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Oasx posted:

Only in IWA:MS could you see a match between Austin Aries and Mr Kennedy commentated by CM Punk.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

It's messed up that Rhett Titus is younger than me

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I'm at the age where most wrestlers are other than the real vets. poo poo, Mox is younger than my youngest sibling by a few months. Colt Cabana is 10 days older than me, which gives me some comfort at least.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I am constantly impressed by how good a promo Kyle Fletcher is.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Majinfoose posted:

It's messed up that Rhett Titus is younger than me

Randy Orton was the first WWE champion who was younger than me and it kinda tripped me out of the time. Now Randy is all old and broken down but I'm sure that doesn't have any connection to me.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I'm just saying Rhett Titus looks 46

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I irrationally hate Rhett Titus. I just see him and am compelled to anger.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

a dumb moron posted:

Same, him and Blake Christian and not in a "he's a great heel" way. It reminds me of the visceral revulsion I feel when I see a Funko.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

a dumb moron posted:

Might as well admit it, you're addicted to hate.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

a dumb moron posted:

you'll never get to ride his jetski

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I cannot imagine looking at Blake Christian and feeling anything whatsoever. He is exactly average. He is a 0 in wins above replacement; he is the replacement.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

a dumb moron posted:

same but sami callahan

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Xerzes posted:

I cannot imagine looking at Blake Christian and feeling anything whatsoever. He is exactly average. He is a 0 in wins above replacement; he is the replacement.

"Replacement Level" Blake Christian with his finisher, the Mendoza Line

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Xerzes posted:

Fully agreed, he's just not engaging. Fine as a guy in a six man or a jobber but very uninteresting overall.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

a dumb moron posted:

please dont. he's a really nice guy.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Ringo Roadagain posted:

please dont. he's a really nice guy.

Hi Rhett I hope they fixed your car for you after that street fight

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

a dumb moron posted:

I don't hate him but he definitely looks like someone who's eaten human flesh. I think it's his teeth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Johnson vs. JD rules

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Lol at Riccaboni calling Johnson's crossbody a high fly flow though

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Johnson vs Drake was great.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

THOSE GLASSES

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I hope we see more of Marti Belle, it was delightful hearing Ian and Caprice cracking up over her nonstop trash talk

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I hope we see more of Marti Belle, it was delightful hearing Ian and Caprice cracking up over her nonstop trash talk

I forgot about Marti Belle! I thought she was good. Is she still in a tag team with that other lady whose name I forget I’m sorry?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

a dumb moron posted:

I forgot about Marti Belle! I thought she was good. Is she still in a tag team with that other lady whose name I forget I’m sorry?

Allison Kay as the Hex? Probably she was on ROH too

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

JD Drake always surprises me with how good he is. Even when I watch his match knowing how good he is and expecting to be surprised, he still surprises me.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Time_pants posted:

JD Drake always surprises me with how good he is. Even when I watch his match knowing how good he is and expecting to be surprised, he still surprises me.
And a legit good dude irl

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

JD Drake aint no JD Fake :dadjoke:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I liked when she kicked out and was semi-conscious but kept on running her mouth. It's such a good gimmick.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Infantry's been killing it lately, that segment with the Outrunners was great and really emblematic of how fun to watch they've become

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"Bravo, you've always got good ideas"

"...I do?"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Time_pants posted:

Watched a bunch of days late but I discovered JD from Covid era AEW and the guy is great. He has big guy moves and I still say that his headbashing after throwing a guy to the ropes outside of the ring is one of my favourite moves and I'm surprised that he is the only wrestler that does it, despite not being super flashy. One of my favourite current ROH matches is Workhorsemen vs Shibata/Alex Coughlin. That one was soooo good from all four.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Guillermus posted:

Watched a bunch of days late but I discovered JD from Covid era AEW and the guy is great. He has big guy moves and I still say that his headbashing after throwing a guy to the ropes outside of the ring is one of my favourite moves and I'm surprised that he is the only wrestler that does it, despite not being super flashy. One of my favourite current ROH matches is Workhorsemen vs Shibata/Alex Coughlin. That one was soooo good from all four.

Absolutely my favorite recurring spot of any JD Drake match.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Infantry's been killing it lately, that segment with the Outrunners was great and really emblematic of how fun to watch they've become

TK should display real courage and put the ROH tag belts on the Outrunners.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

CombineThresher posted:

TK should display real courage and put the ROH tag belts on the Outrunners.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Time_pants posted:

Absolutely my favorite recurring spot of any JD Drake match.

:hfive:

I mean, it's not the most flashy stuff but looks great in a Stan Hansen or Bruiser Brody in Japan way. Don't know if that description is good or not but I always see JD like a wrestler from these days with some updates in a good way