Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
:actually: the big bang and everything that followed is an inverted pocket of spacetime, a fold that comes about every time a sufficient amount of energy comes together and reaches a critical level of warping that we observe as supernova

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Outside our universe is the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

naem
May 29, 2011

bloated

purple

dead on a toilet seat

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

"Outside the universe" is defined as all regions that do not have the stuff you need to make an apple pie from scratch.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Me, observing it, which causes it to exist

shurnarkabtishutu
Jun 20, 2016

the most reasonable answer is "we don't know"

i think human perceptions are quite limited anyways

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
You just know people who go on about the "multiverse" have no goddamn idea what they're talking about because they can't even commit to a specific number. "How many marbles am I holding in my hand?" "Multiple." Lol ok, Dr Chucklefuck.

You never hear people talking about the biverse or triverse because nobody has the balls to just say there's this one and one other one and maybe another after that. If there were 6 total we'd have a sexverse, think about it.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

shurnarkabtishutu posted:

the most reasonable answer is "we don't know"

i think human perceptions are quite limited anyways

no we do know because of the meaning of the word there isn't aN "OUTSIDE" THE UNIVERSE IS COSMOS I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

"what numbers aren't included in infinity"

thats u op

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Protagonist posted:

no we do know because of the meaning of the word there isn't aN "OUTSIDE" THE UNIVERSE IS COSMOS I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL

This is a boring proscriptivist dodge of the entire question

Nice

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

nah

it's not a question that makes any sense, the only valid answer is 'nothing' take that pill how you will

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Devils Affricate posted:

If there were 6 total we'd have a sexverse, think about it.
It could also be a hexverse, which would also be pretty cool.

The Protagonist posted:

"what numbers aren't included in infinity"

thats u op
i

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

INCLUDED BITCH INFINITY ISN'T A LINE

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

u right now

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Honestly even if we got to the edge we'd probably see a whole lot of nothing

The first stars have long since died out and galaxies crumbled. It'd be a void, punctuated by a black hole or two

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Honestly even if we got to the edge we'd probably see a whole lot of nothing

The first stars have long since died out and galaxies crumbled. It'd be a void, punctuated by a black hole or two

If there's stuff out there it's part of the universe ya dingus

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

If there's stuff out there it's part of the universe ya dingus

:hmmyes: ty friend

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
some physicists say the universe is shaped like a bagel twisted about itself

here's a vaginal illustration of the concept

hope this helps

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
naw, the stuff outside the universe is such a different kind of stuff bound by totally separate rules skipping chemistry and physics doing its own thing that you can't even call it stuff because stuff means something to us that it can't mean over there and there over there doesn't mean anything either and they don't have time or light, they got all their own things but not things like we could ever think of things being

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

dude no that's all included within what the universe is, literally any hyperdimensional hypothetical you can imagine, is included in the universe potentially

dont get hung up on the observable universe, just use the prefix if it helps

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

mods edit this thread to 'what is outside the observable universe' and i promise to never post in this thread again :toxx:

e; i am allowed one mulligan if i happen to be composing shitposts when the mods edit the title

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Protagonist fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 5, 2022

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

😒😷😷😷😷😷😷😷🙄😒😷😷😒😷😷😷🥲😷😷😒😷😷😷😷🥱😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷🏊‍♀️🤹‍♀️🤹‍♀️😷😷😷🤹‍♀️😷🤹‍♀️😷🤹‍♀️😷🤹‍♀️🤼‍♀️😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷🤸😷😷😷😷😷😷🚵‍♂️🚵‍♂️😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😳😲😳😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😒😷😊😙😙😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷🫂🫂🚵👨‍👧‍👧😷👨‍👧‍👧😷👨‍👩‍👧😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷🤾‍♂️😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷🧙‍♂️😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😝😝👨‍👧‍👧🤸🧛🏿😝😝🧛🏿

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Buttdial oops

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

a correct cosmological model might include an infinitely nested set of black-hole/big-bang energetic evolutionary space-time twist partitions (of which our observable galactic symphony is just one pollen among an infinite number more) which themselves make up the folds of a n-dimensional membrane analogous to a mitochondrial-like structure in a demiurge-brain-eating hyper-ameboma which was farted by an adversarial demiurge, both of which are exist in an aquarium of an even higher being/ordered form which is itself part of a larger collective which is experiencing a transcendental form of Samsara and reincarnation of their own and it's ever more incomprehensible layers above still and that would all be part of the universe

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

or like imagine that we're actually in a layer really close to the transcendental core of potential and everything we imagine and dream literally comes true on a lower plane and Hell is playing on every channel 24/7/∞ even though everyone hates it

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Like the Myst Age books but you just dream-poo poo them out without knowing or meaning to like an amnesiac Beholder

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Protagonist posted:

or like imagine that we're actually in a layer really close to the transcendental core of potential and everything we imagine and dream literally comes true on a lower plane and Hell is playing on every channel 24/7/∞ even though everyone hates it

:ohdear:
that's a lot of responsibility

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Warning: The following show features stunts performed either by professionals or under the supervision of professionals. Accordingly, שTV and the producers must insist that no one attempt to recreate or re-enact any stunt or activity performed on this show.

Today StevΩ is gonna smoke some dmד and shatter his consciousness into 1010^100! mortal pieces set loose on eachother with no memory! Let's see what happens!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Outside of our universe: The Protagonist's good posts.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

it's true that things that definitively could not exist are not part of the universe :hmmyes:

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

a big sign thats reads "For Rent"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hey a place with affordable rent and it's only at least 13 billion light years from work.