Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthIncarnate

Weird owl has life all figured out
i found a weird chick tract.

i took one from this stack. it was at the public library.

the contents are unusual. i scanned some of the pages on the library copier but idk how good the quality is.

take a look:

closeup of front cover:

page one:

page two:

page three:

page four:

page five:

page six:

there was a line for the copier so that's all i got done before i had to go. it looks like there are 24 pages in all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno

yung swamp thang
that rips. i have always dreamed of droplifting a bizarre zine etc somewhere

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
hell yeah. that's an awesome idea

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm gonna make one

nut

whoa no one told me the bible is cool

SIDS Vicious

looks like a normal chick tract to me

wow that was an old sig lol
chec k out my drawings the sidsons :)

Manifisto

whoa, this is something else. thanks for sharing it. I'm fascinated by the "human blood plasma: take it, don't sell it" bit. referring to communion as "taking blood plasma" is creepy enough but there is some undefined medical agenda going on. I can't tell whether the author is concerned about blood donations in general being sinful (which, uh, suggests an inconsistent attitude about whether or not to follow jesus' example), or whether it's specifically the "selling" part (which I agree raises some thorny issues frankly).

ty nesamdoom!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
actual chick tracts are already hosed up so it's really cool to see someone make one that's more hosed up

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i have one here on my desk and it's full of fuckery. for example, chick seems to think that the grim reaper is a thing despite being allegedly a super devout christian

someone being grim reaped who wasn't a jesus fan

average jesus enjoyer being murdered by skellington

i'm not a christian so i don't know the ins and outs of it but it just seems super weird to me that jesus would send skellington man to murder the young-looking devout guy in the chest like that

Manifisto

I can't speak to what's going on in the author's mind but if you look at the whole "memento mori" tradition, especially things like the medieval dance of death, using dancing/animated skeletons/skulls to represent mortality in a specifically christian context has been at times super common. the grim reaper is pretty spot on to that idea.

ty nesamdoom!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
huh! i did not know that. thanks for the skellington facts

Manifisto

Dr. Honked posted:

huh! i did not know that. thanks for the skellington facts

as an undergrad I took a history of art course called "death in the middle ages," it was pretty wild and fun to boot. probably too much fun to qualify as actual learning/scholarship.

ty nesamdoom!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Manifisto posted:

as an undergrad I took a history of art course called "death in the middle ages," it was pretty wild and fun to boot. probably too much fun to qualify as actual learning/scholarship.

that sounds friggin wicked

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Manifisto posted:

medieval art is funny as hell. everybody looks either miserable or completely indifferent. unless they are skeletons

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Nosfereefer posted:

medieval art is funny as hell. everybody looks either miserable or completely indifferent. unless they are skeletons

that skelly kicks rear end

Heather Papps

hello friend

lucky!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

FilthIncarnate

FilthIncarnate

i had today off, i scanned the rest

looks like that's all

Manifisto

this is quite something op, thanks for sharing it.

ty nesamdoom!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Manifisto posted:

this is quite something op, thanks for sharing it.

Nosfereefer

thats b/c lenin rode a train, dumbass

Robot Made of Meat

It's good to see you posting again, Filth.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

bad guy

holy poo poo it's filthincarnate! hope you're doing good, man with the....capoeira? brazilian jui jitsu? something like that.

JohnnyQPublic
Aren't most Chic tracts strange? Dude was a little unhinged and had some serious HATE for the Catholic church, and anything remotely associated with Satan. Dark Dungeons tract anyone?

kalel

Nosfereefer posted:

ugh way too relatable

Stoner Sloth

JohnnyQPublic posted:

Aren't most Chic tracts strange? Dude was a little unhinged and had some serious HATE for the Catholic church, and anything remotely associated with Satan. Dark Dungeons tract anyone?

i believe it all comes back to baphomet?

google THIS

My favorite is the one that says that if you let your kids believe in Santa Claus they will grow up to be serial killers

google THIS

also, they won't attend church regularly

Molestationary Store

haha that loving rules

Nosfereefer

kalel

Tyler the Creator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

kalel posted:

Tyler the Creator

lol