Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
So when I am playing some of the beats on my playlist on speaker at my dads house he will say the OP. They are rappers lol, is this boomer code for blacks? I told him they talk about guns a lot lot which he likes, idk guys? At some point I need to collate and edit all my posts about my family into a thread you bougies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just go away.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
:secondpost: in a farty :gas: thread

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm boughetto.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

In jamaican patois the word "boogooyagah" roughly translates to "low class" or "degenerate". My parents have used it to describe music I listen to before.

Teach him that word instead.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Chief McHeath posted:

I'm boughetto.

Same. But such is life.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

bossy lady posted:

In jamaican patois the word "boogooyagah" roughly translates to "low class" or "degenerate". My parents have used it to describe music I listen to before.

Teach him that word instead.

LOLOLOL. That is literally what he means. I tell him Jay Z is a billionaire, etc, but whatever.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FEbFLsA59M

Real BouG

A Very Sexy Baby
Sep 25, 2007

I can't help it if men are attracted to me.
Bougie is short for bourgeois -- your father is a communist.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

tell him that the music was actually released under a creative commons license

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

A Very Sexy Baby posted:

Bougie is short for bourgeois -- your father is a communist.

That is what I thought. And no he is a Trumpeter.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Private Cumshoe posted:

:secondpost: in a farty :gas: thread

oh cool, so this is the new person everyone hateposts about for having the audacity to make a thread

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

roomtone posted:

oh cool, so this is the new person everyone hateposts about for having the audacity to make a thread

I just wanted to :secondpost: it was right there and the thread was obviously poo poo!

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
bougie wougie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljjWeHmeVE8

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I can totally believe Michael corleone unironically confused the word “boogie” with “bougie”.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

This is bourgie music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klpihHnnUjA

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I thought this was gonna be about coachella

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Just for you OP I have developed a spell of powerful magic that will resolve your ailments. Here it is:

Rotate a hen three times anti-clockwise, then say this to your father: "Yes sir, I can boogie, but I need a certain song. I can boogie. Boogie voogie. All night long."

That'll be 60 dollars.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I consume Christlike tunes

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I consume Christlike tunes

i created
i created
i created
i created
i created
i created
i created my own jism

and i say ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Just blame it on the bougie

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

boogie, n. (derogatory, offensive slang) A black person. v. To dance energetically.

That's not all the meanings, but I think it's enough. The first meaning has been round for decades. So your old man either loves da rap and wishes he wasn't too old and decrepit to dance, or hates it because he's a racist. What does your heart tell you, OP?

If he's a racist then I suggest you get your revenge by marrying a nice black woman... or man, and invite dear old dad to give you away at the wedding.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Back yard bougie ougie ougie

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
your dad is calling you a class traitor op. you just gonna take that?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

maybe try exploring hip-hop that isn't on rap caviar, op

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

my dad honestly has great music taste. I even follow him on spotify for his playlists.

he'll listen to like anderson paak one minute, then some led zep, then some random independent americana artist. and if I'm visiting he'll happily listen to the punk and metal I do.

when I used to be in a band he would always let us crash at his place on tour as well. once my band got stuck in france while halfway through a tour with some lads from germany. he opened his home to 5 random german punks when I wasn't even there. he even took them out the next day to experience an english pub and a chippy. and sent them on their way the next with loads of beer and snacks.

basically what i'm saying is I can't relate OP as my dad is p rad.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
turn your dad on to 107.9FM "The Herd," where they play all of the hits with none of the rap

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

don't try to lay no bougie wougie on the king of rock & roll

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Michael Corleone posted:

So when I am playing some of the beats on my playlist on speaker at my dads house he will say the OP. They are rappers lol, is this boomer code for blacks? I told him they talk about guns a lot lot which he likes, idk guys? At some point I need to collate and edit all my posts about my family into a thread you bougies!

Kick your dad in the dick and tell him you wish you'd been born black.

e: if you are black just re-affirm that you are glad of it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

well it doesnt like you either, OP

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E58qLXBfLrs

I have my own shoes now.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Just gently remind your dad that his “time is over, old man” and that nobody actually has ever cared about his opinion

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

Kick your dad in the dick and tell him you wish you'd been born black.

e: if you are black just re-affirm that you are glad of it.

Put up a youtube about it and then bitch about how you put a youtube about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
He is racist, if they aren't a republican. I think he is just early senile and won't admit it.