Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

Hey boss I finished that infographic your boss asked you for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

Date: 4/20
To: Manifisto; Sherbert Hoover; Rick; Armitag3; Middle Managers
Cc: All Employees; Mom
Re: Asterisks and Brackets

Guys, please stop hitting "Reply All," it makes for a very cluttered inbox.

Thanks,

google THIS
Assistant Middle Manager to the Assistant Middle Manager

Sherbert Hoover posted:

RE: MEMO TO MIDDLE MANAGERS REGARDING ASTERISKS AND BRACKETS

To: Manifisto; Middle Managers

Thanks for this.

Sherbert Hoover
Middle Manager

Armitag3 posted:

FW: Rick
CC: Sherbert, Esc From Noise

Hey Rick,

Circling back as per our talk

All the best,
Armitage
Department Associate Manager

Manifisto posted:

MEMO TO MIDDLE MANAGERS REGARDING ASTERISKS AND BRACKETS

To: Middle Managers

It has come to the attention of senior management that certain middle managers continue to tolerate the use of asterisks, rather than brackets, to indicate action. As per legal, such disregard of company policy creates unacceptable risks both from a litigation and reputation standpoint. Effective immediately, any further use of asterisks to indicate action will result in a stern talking-to for any middle manager involved, unless said middle manager can demonstrate persuasively that this was the fault of the employee, not the middle manager. In the latter eventuality, the culpable employee will be terminated immediately, and the middle manager will be commended and, at upper management's discretion, recommended for promotion.

In summary:

* employees must use brackets, rather than asterisks, to indicate action
* middle managers bear full responsibility for employee infractions, unless it was the employee's fault
* in light of the 4/20 holiday, I am ripped to the loving tits while dictating this, holy poo poo

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
lol I was literally about to post nothing except "Reply All" when I saw your post lol

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Escape From Noise posted:

Hey Rick, what's happenin'?

Ah. I dunno.

Well, uh, rumor around town says you might be thinkin' about using asterisks instead of brackets

Uh, yeah, I think I'm gonna use asterisks instead of brackets

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Finger Prince

The new VP has decided that brackets are not the appropriate method, and we should be using asterisks, like we have for the last decade, until the previous VP switched us to brackets, I know, it's loving stupid, just do it, in 5 years there'll be a new VP and we'll be back to brackets. You've been here as long as I have, you know how this goes.

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
Remember:

Best practices
Yearning for excellence
Open kimono
Bottom line

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

frump truck

hello... again!

what if the CEO is just 3 middle managers stacked on each other's shoulders wearing a long trenchcoat

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Sorry no I'm the meadow manager. Please don't step on the wildflowers.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Hi it's me again. I know you said that analysis won't be done until next week, but I just thought I would call you every single day to see if you had the results of that analysis yet. How's it coming along? When do you think it will be done? Next week, you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Treasure Bear please see me in my office.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.