Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Hello AI!

I'm Terrible Robot's girlfriend and I would like to extend an invitation to all good goons for a meatfest at my parent's home in Maine this July right after NEFR. My folks live in Standish, about an hour and fifteen minutes away from Bethel where the rally is held. The plan is to roast some meats (maybe a whole pig if we get enough people!) and get a keg of local beer and just generally have a good time. There's plenty of room for people to stay the night, either inside or in tents in the yard. The tentative date is July 18. Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can get a head count to plan for meaty shenanigans. Mom and dad love to host parties and I can promise there will be excellent food and drinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Oh boy. I'm not sure your parents know what they're signing up for, but if there's any way I can make it happen, I'll be there.

Sl1me
Dec 14, 2014

I just bought a house in Maine, so this is very convenient.

I will plan to attend.

Thanks!

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

sharkytm posted:

Oh boy. I'm not sure your parents know what they're signing up for, but if there's any way I can make it happen, I'll be there.

They 100% do not know what they're signing up for, but they're game. I basically told them that a bunch of internet weirdos would be descending on their house and they said "sounds like fun!"

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

July 17th is now firm for the party. Plan accordingly and let me know if you're coming!

e: it;s the 17th, not the 18th!

Wroughtirony fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 22, 2022

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You, uh, might want to ask kastein etc how the last one went. :ohdear:

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Oh right, I live pretty close to Maine now so I'd be down to make it up there.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

STR posted:

You, uh, might want to ask kastein etc how the last one went. :ohdear:

I feel like I've missed something here...

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I feel like I've missed something here...

same. I mean, we're going to have a dedicated rear end-to-mouth tent in the backyard- that's required for all goonmeets now, right?

In other news, I need that gang tag. (I drive a FiST)

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

double double post post

If it's any incentive (and it should be) several great chefs from GWS will be there. We might even also have a tea party hosted by a tea expert, stay tuned for more details

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I regret to have to decline the offer and all future goons meet meat offers unless there is a level of hell where goons go then see you all there.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I want to come very badly but that is 1 month after I am moving 1/4 of the way across the country from NC to MI. I probably won't know until after the move.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Wroughtirony posted:

same. I mean, we're going to have a dedicated rear end-to-mouth tent in the backyard- that's required for all goonmeets now, right?

In other news, I need that gang tag. (I drive a FiST)

I mean, if you are willing to host this gaggle of rejects, I can hand out a gangtag. Just hide your piles of bricks, spare toilets and any thermite or other flammable materials. Probably any mobility scooters too. :v:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Elmnt80 posted:

I mean, if you are willing to host this gaggle of rejects, I can hand out a gangtag. Just hide your piles of bricks, spare toilets and any thermite or other flammable materials. Probably any mobility scooters too. :v:

https://imgur.com/a/zNgMJ
https://imgur.com/TQLskvk
https://imgur.com/t8UZCsh

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 12:29 on May 8, 2022

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Elmnt80 posted:

Thanks for the gangtag! I will make sure to lock up the thermite... ...or maybe I won't!

Anyway, seriously- come party with us in July. It's going to be a blast. Probably not literally.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Wroughtirony posted:

Thanks for the gangtag! I will make sure to lock up the thermite... ...or maybe I won't!

Anyway, seriously- come party with us in July. It's going to be a blast. Probably not literally.

How much property and how close are the neighbors. Asking for a... Friend?

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

sharkytm posted:

How much property and how close are the neighbors. Asking for a... Friend?

Big enough for a fire pit, a keg, a smoker and some tents with enough privacy for moderate shenanigans. Not big or isolated enough for a gun range, a food truck and an orgy. Sorry.

Neighbors are cool- one of them has agreed to be our grill master. Mom and Dad are very quiet 364 days a year (Dad plays Silent Night on his trumpet at midnight on Christmas Eve on the back porch every year) and it's a pretty chill New England everybody-ignores-each-other kind of neighborhood, so as long as we bring a plate, I don't think anyone is going to mind one party.

Wroughtirony fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 12, 2022

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Guns would be a terribly terrible idea. Fireworks?

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Sure. Not totally sure what the laws in Maine are about those these days, but some explodey fun could probably be had!

Cat Pancakes
Apr 24, 2012
A bit too far for me, but surely there's enough Mid-Atlantic goons to do a meetup now that the world isn't as shutdown?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Friday you should plan to spectate concord pond as it's run twice and if you're lucky you'll find the jump area.

Saturday spectate on fish pond / sturdevant as it's run two or three times.

You'll be in the woods all day and can't move until the course clear car comes through, so bring enough water/beer as necessary. Don't be a dick to spectator marshals as they're just volunteers. I'll link the spectator guide if they ever release it.

Come see me at parc expose, but I'll be doing sweep instead of competing.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Slow is Fast posted:

Friday you should plan to spectate concord pond as it's run twice and if you're lucky you'll find the jump area.

Saturday spectate on fish pond / sturdevant as it's run two or three times.

You'll be in the woods all day and can't move until the course clear car comes through, so bring enough water/beer as necessary. Don't be a dick to spectator marshals as they're just volunteers. I'll link the spectator guide if they ever release it.

Come see me at parc expose, but I'll be doing sweep instead of competing.

Thanks for the tips! We'll definitely come say hi. Where are you staying in Bethel? I need to book a hotel for the weekend.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Wroughtirony posted:

Thanks for the tips! We'll definitely come say hi. Where are you staying in Bethel? I need to book a hotel for the weekend.

I shack up with friends who are racing.

Maine Ski Lodging is an option but avoid the brookeside condos:

https://www.maineskilodging.com/category/slopeside-vacation-rentals

Also random airbnbs etc.

You can also camp at Bethel outdoor adventure https://betheloutdooradventure.com/

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

As plans are shaping up, we're planning on having around 20 people, which should be a good crowd but not too crazy. Still working on having the vegan chef and tea expert come in, but it should be a very classy/redneck/fun/meaty night. We request those who come from NEFR to toss a $20 in the meat fund, but it's not necessary and we'd rather you come and party with us for free than not come, so don't let that detract you!

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Menu update! We'll be having Jewish brisket and pulled pork. Both lovingly cooked/smoked for many hours. I am taking requests for sauces for the pork- there will be several to choose from! There will also be multiple condiments and veggie dishes. We're planning on a big bucket of PBR and a smaller quantity of a local brew, probably Allagash White. There will also probably be wine. Feel free to camp/sleep over- we have plenty of space for tents outside or sleeping bags inside. RSVPs encouraged, but honestly just show up. Find Terrible Robot or I at the rally, or DM for directions.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Sent you a PM, but not a huge deal either way. Not sure if I'll be able to make the rally so I'll need directions. I scored some Dogfish Head 120 minute IPAs that I'll bring with me to add more booze to the fire.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

I'm an idiot. The Sunday after the rally is the 17th not the 18th. The party will be on the 17th. Also, dad says "tell the goons the house beer is PBR and if they don't want that it's BYOB!" So bring that dogfish head! I think he's getting psyched. The menu will be Jewish brisket and pulled pork with lots of sides.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I'll be dashing south to catch a flight come Sunday morning, so definitely can't make the party. But I will be saying hi at expo and enjoying Concord Pond. We've got two cars running this year in our group.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

I'll be dashing south to catch a flight come Sunday morning, so definitely can't make the party. But I will be saying hi at expo and enjoying Concord Pond. We've got two cars running this year in our group.

What cars and #s. I'll be doing sweep and a good contact to have up here.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Looks like I'll be going up Friday evening and head to NEFR Saturday morning to do some spectating if anyone else will be around.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Slow is Fast posted:

What cars and #s. I'll be doing sweep and a good contact to have up here.

I'm the only goon in the extended group that I know of, but 409 and 540 (e; Not my cars, just friends)

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 14, 2022

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Oh hai I browse bookmarks so I totally missed this thread.

I'll be leaving early Sunday morning so I'm not going to be able to make it but like SiF said, stop by parc expose and see us.

Slow is Fast posted:

You'll be in the woods all day and can't move until the course clear car comes through

That will probably be me, the silver cayenne with the green light on top. Course is only clear if I'm running the light for those of you on stages that get run multiple times.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Had a great first day and we're looking forward to the party. We bought way too much food, please come eat some. PM for deets, it's going to be a blast!

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
Well, I guess this is what you get for not logging into the forums for months. Short notice and on the opposite side of the planet. But do give TR a floor carrot for me, and thank your father for his bravery and kind heart to host

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Saw some cars go fast today

going to eat a bunch of meat tomorrow

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

We tried to spectate Fish Pond today but got some bad directions and didn't make it before the course closed which turned out to be a blessing in disguise because apparently there were two bad wrecks there and we would have been stuck in the woods all day.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Wroughtirony posted:

We tried to spectate Fish Pond today but got some bad directions and didn't make it before the course closed which turned out to be a blessing in disguise because apparently there were two bad wrecks there and we would have been stuck in the woods all day.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Yeah, it was a mess. On top of that we lost 2 sweep trucks. All but one of the sweeps trucks had some kind of problem throughout the day. Mine caught on fire. That was fun.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

BBQ was a blast! We'll plan better next year so more people can make it. Nothing blew up. The brisket was perfect and the pork was late but delicious.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I know this thread had been around for plenty of time for me to have seen it and planned, but I totally didn't see it. If I know this is happening next year I will make drat sure I book an extra day or whatever to make sure I can be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Anyone who was at NEFR should probably grab a Covid test. We brought home an uninvited guest.

Hopefully next year will be better, more organized and less infectious!