Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

beggar posted:

To this day Homicide still lives in my headspace trying to shimmy up to the toppa the cage

He's still there because the Terrordome is your skull and Homicide can't climb out.

Someday a tiny Homicide will emerge from the top of your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brian Hebner says he's retiring as a full-time ref and Slammiversary weekend will be his last shows with the company and under contract to any company

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
So, I had an idea how a Reverse Battle Royal could work. Specifically in the context of the Fight for the Right tournament. It's not a GOOD idea, it's just a better idea than "pretend like you can't just get in the ring".

You start by having four matches leading up to the tournament. The winners earn a bye past the first round of the tournament.

The first round is the Reverse Battle Royal. The goal is to get in the ring. The four who earned a bye start in the ring, before the bell, and are trying to keep everyone else out, so when people try to just casually slide in, they stomp on them and push them back out. There's four of them, so someone is covering each side of the ring at the same time, making getting in tricky.

Why would they defend the ring? Round 1 is timed. You've got five minutes to get in the ring before the regular Battle Royal starts, so, it behooves anyone who's already made it to round two to keep everyone else out, because the more people who make it to round two, the less likely any of them are to win. Once someone gets in, having made it to round two, they too begin trying to keep everyone else out, making it harder and harder to advance as more people get in and the clock is ticking.

Then round 2 is just a regular over the top rope battle royal, and round 3 is a singles match.

But you just shouldn't do any of this.

El Generico fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 16, 2022

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Technically a reverse battle royal should be throwing your opponents into the ring to eliminate them, instead of trying to get into the ring yourself.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
What I would do if I was booking this reverse battle royal is have almost everybody immediately enter the ring, with the exceptions being guys like Johnny Swinger and Zicky Dice attacking some other wrestlers before they have a chance.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
if slammiversary is on, but no one is around to post about it, is it really on

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Any company worth a drat double stacks tables and gives wrestlers plenty of room to fall.

Meanwhile TNA doesn’t stack and if you overshoot you blast your head into a metal barrier

https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1538708873359532033?s=21&t=KuSt5KdSy8Jw-gTkw2lxlg

loving Christ poor Chelsea Greens head bounces so bad

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

Slammiversary was a really fun card. The Queen of the Mountain match was probably the most exciting match imo but honorable mention to the Moose/Callihan Monster's Ball match because of Moose scarfing down a hot dog he snatched out of an audience member's hands and wiping mustard all over his white jeans.

Edit: Didn't catch the pre show but just found out my main man Shark Boy won the reverse battle royale!

HORNEY VAPE BRO fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 20, 2022

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

re: Samoa Joe

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/1538881124365213699?s=20&t=K452M0AP-P3yAQUNbFkVFA

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's weird considering 2 of his biggest rivals from his time there did appear. And AJ even specifically called out the 3 way.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy for Speedball, Jordynne and Rosemary (and Andrew Everett for getting booked, even if it was a last-second replacement for a horrible injury)

lol at the men's tag title scene though, I don't know if poo poo could be more dire there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
They STILL haven’t done Good Brothers/MCMG yet, which is crazy considering they both (re-)debuted two years ago.