Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K3nT3n
Oct 8, 2015
If you see me posting my own tweets, please report me so I will be probated for a month.
I'm a black belt in Combat Ninjutsu with the ICMAUA (http://www.icmaua.com/) and I also have a black belt in Combat Karate, a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and am a certified instructor for kickboxing and self defense.

Let me know if you have any questions because I just love Ninjutsu.

Here's a fresh meme to make your day wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Can you kill people with your mind and/or a claw hammer?

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Is smoke bomb usage part of your training? If so, what's the best kind for escaping the shogun's samurai guards, asking for a friend.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Do I have a to reveal my creature I intend to play with Ninjutsu at the time of putting the ability on the stack, or at the time of the triggered resolution?

K3nT3n
Oct 8, 2015
If you see me posting my own tweets, please report me so I will be probated for a month.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Can you kill people with your mind and/or a claw hammer?

You can't kill someone with your mind alone because the damage is only psychological, although they can feel physical pain because the brain can be tricked. The claw hammer is not one of the 18 skills of a ninja, but many such as myself have taken on additional training so yes, I theoretically can kill someone with my claw-hammer because it deals massive bone-shattering damage.

In legends it is said that the offensive shout can drop a bird from quite a distance away in projectile range, but that still won't kill someone. In martial arts, it is forbidden to deal a killing blow since we're all focused around self-defense rather than first striking which is considered assault and/or battery I believe.

Please note that psychological traumatic techniques from ninjutsu are still highly effective despite being non-lethal.

Slayerjerman posted:

Is smoke bomb usage part of your training? If so, what's the best kind for escaping the shogun's samurai guards, asking for a friend.

We're not allowed to use bombs of any kind so my training was with just setting fires and utilizing the smoke from the fires.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Do I have a to reveal my creature I intend to play with Ninjutsu at the time of putting the ability on the stack, or at the time of the triggered resolution?

You would activate my trap card...

Numerical Anxiety
Sep 2, 2011

Hello.
What's the best way to keep your black clothes from fading in the wash?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Numerical Anxiety posted:

What's the best way to keep your black clothes from fading in the wash?

Related, do you keep several shades of outfits to help blend into the varied levels of moonlight? Or is vantablack always best?

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
What's the deal with the decoy log when vanishing after being attacked? Is it meant to confuse the opponent? Seems like a hassle to carry a log around for the off chance you may need to vanish.

Is it practical to recover shurikens from corpses like arrows or does Costco sell them in bulk?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
How much faster is Naruto running than regular running? If you taught a world class sprinter the Naruto run could you help them set new world records?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Is it still true that ninjas flip out and kill people all the time?

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
What kind of cars do ninjas drive around in? This has been a running argument with a friend for 20 years now. I figure ninjas go for nondescript vans to remain hidden. he argues that they want flashy cars to show off being badass ninjas.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Are Shaolin monks your natural enemy?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Have you ever had to practice cramming yourself into a port-a-potty tank and for how long?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Op is the ultimate ninja - a literal fuckin ghost :ghost:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
What is the ninja community's opinion on sodomy?

Good?

Bad?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I'm the guy with the shuriken

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

K3nT3n posted:

In legends it is said that the offensive shout can drop a bird from quite a distance away in projectile range, but that still won't kill someone.

doesn't it kill the bird? is a bird not "someone"?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Can you do fire and lighting jutsus like Sasuke?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Also being a highly trained ninja, I have enjoyed reading OP's dozens of informative but well concealed posts in this thread.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Have you ever tried to swallow a frisbee?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Can you reveal the Wu-Tang secret?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
That they must not be hosed with is hardly a secret.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

What's the best ninja movie

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

K3nT3n posted:

In martial arts, it is forbidden to deal a killing blow since we're all focused around self-defense rather than first striking which is considered assault and/or battery I believe.

That's lame. My black belt is in teukgong moosool and they totally do not forbid killing someone. Cuz you don't know the North Koreans could strike at any time you gotta be ready to break some necks. Half of my training was "here is how you kill someone before they can kill you."

What even is ninjutsu? Like I know ninjas and stuff but someone has to have just made this at some point, right? Are there super secret old ninja scrolls that this is all based on or did some guy just watch a bunch of movies and build it around that?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

BrainDance posted:

What even is ninjutsu? Like I know ninjas and stuff but someone has to have just made this at some point, right? Are there super secret old ninja scrolls that this is all based on or did some guy just watch a bunch of movies and build it around that?

it all started when the mongolians invaded a japanese island during the medieval times. the japanese were losing this war because their technique of standing in front of their enemy and yelling at them before attacking was not as good as the mongolian version of the same thing. but one guy, named jin, decided that instead of yelling at the mongols he would sneak around and stab them in the back. he later expanded on this philosophy and used all kinds of poisoned darts and other strange weapons, including a flute that can change the weather. this was the beginning of the concepts of the ninja, even if he didn't use that particular word. it was very controvercial and irrevocably damaged jinn's relationship with his serious and traditional uncle. but if you look at a map today, that island is still a part of japan and not mongolia, so he was right. additionally, jinn collected various hats and headbands during his journey across the island, which ninjas are known for wearing. will there be another chapter? everyone hopes so!

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 11, 2022

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
I have some decidedly not-ninja off-brand throwing stars. Like mall cop brand. Can I bring them to the ninja barbecue anyway or do I need to go out and get brand name so the ninja(s? Is it already plural like moose?) don't laugh at me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

When we were teenagers my friend brought ninja stars to the movie theater he worked at and we threw them at the giant plastic bags of nacho cheese

I think this qualifies me more than OP to call myself a ninja