Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
You're a wizard. A bookish, wormish wizard with a wizard's gait, a wizard's world view, a wizard's spell book. The adventuring party you entered with left you on the floor of this damp, dank tavern. There are other wizards laying on the floor near you. A goblin steps over you and mumble-mentions a fireball, but are they referring to the spell or the drink? (you could use a drink)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

I adjust my wizard hat but leave my robe on the floor

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I check to make sure my spurs are still on.

Khanstant
I give up my dark wizard ways and become a calm lizard basking on a rock in the sun

Manifisto

consider forming an alliance with the other wizards so we can collectively demand to be taken seriously by our adventuring parties

ty nesamdoom!

Ass-penny

Khanstant posted:

I give up my dark wizard ways and become a calm lizard basking on a rock in the sun

:hmmyes:

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

google THIS posted:

I adjust my wizard hat but leave my robe on the floor

Roll a dexterity ability check to see if you maintain your hat. The robe is left on the floor. You perceive through the corner of your eye a small cat pouncing the robe. I rolled a saving throw for the small cat to see if the cat trips over your trip hazard, the cat deftly defies the robe's efforts to ruin her day and buries itself in play with your laundry.

Buttchocks posted:

Roll for perception.

Khanstant posted:

Roll a wisdom saving throw

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

A Bad King posted:

Buttchocks posted:

Roll for perception.

I roll my heel on the floor, listening for a jingle. Then I do a little dance while still on the floor.

biosterous

i take note of my bod for hangover symptoms

hmm.

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"I WANNA CAST A SPELL!" I attempt to shout, but the dryness of my mouth absorbs my words like Boromir's body did all those orc arrows.

Instead I clutch my throbbing head, and attempt to roll out of the puddle of vomit I can only hope is my own...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
can we remember how magic we got last night?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Twenty Four

A Bad King posted:

(you could use a drink)

I mean that pretty much a given almost all the time.

Finger Prince

Wizards are basically magic lawyers. Written spells are legal writs, like summoning an elemental is basically just contract law and if you want that elemental to stay in control, your grasp of nested notwithstanding clauses had better be iron clad. Casting fireball is just providing the magical ether (or whatever the source of magic in the world is) with a legal argument for why an explosion of fire should be, and indeed is, required to appear at the location detailed in subsection B. (3a).
Sorcerors are just con men who eschew magical law to just kind of "ehhh buddy, come on, you know you want to..." to convince the magic to do the thing.

Ass-penny

is pulling the hat down over my eyes and going back to sleep an option?

Finger Prince

rear end-penny posted:

The most sensible option imo

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

rear end-penny posted:

are you kidding? a tavern full of wizards is like a barrel of unstable gunpowder in a fire factory

Nosfereefer

in any moment, insane old bearded dudes are going to be throwing balls of fire, opening portals to hell, turn people into mushrooms, the whole wizard menu

you should open a portal to hell and escape

Nosfereefer

also turn some dudes into mushrooms or throw fireballs at them, i guess

Ass-penny

Nosfereefer posted:

are you kidding? a tavern full of wizards is like a barrel of unstable gunpowder in a fire factory

reminds me of home :allears:

also lmao you seem convinced all of your problems are started and solved by portals to hell.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Nosfereefer

rear end-penny posted:

reminds me of home :allears:

also lmao you seem convinced all of your problems are started and solved by portals to hell.

ill be honest, these days you'll probably run into even more wizards by going to hell, since everybody portals there to escape wizard consequences for their wizard actions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer