Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Great write up, was on the edge of my seat waiting for the bolts to blow it. And now one virtual cursed franchise will lift their virtual curse, good for ‘em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
As I said in May:

fartknocker posted:

Go Chargers

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

let's go the version of the minnesota vikings we'll never see in real life

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Go chawjaws go

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Hell, go Chargers.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I believe in Herbie

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
:siren: Sim Superbowl Time :siren:

vs

It is finally here. After 21 weeks of Sims, the Sports Sim Gods have narrowed the field down to two teams. The Los Angeles Chargers and the Minnesota Vikings. One of these two will take home their first trophy, and the other will be left yearning for at least another year. Let's get things started.

Los Angeles wins the coin toss and elects to defer. The Vikings choose to receive, and the Chargers kick off. It's a short kickoff that Minnesota returns to the 33, and set up for the first offensive drive of the game. After a ten yard gain on a sweep left by Cook, Cousins hits Osborn on a screen and takes it 28 yards to the Chargers 29. The Vikings hit a few more short plays to get the ball down inside the red zone, before Ham takes 3 yard pitch into the end zone for the game's first touchdown. The PAT makes it a quick 7-0 game. The Chargers would take the ball on the subsequent kickoff and quickly get into a steady offensive rhythm, marching down the field before the Vikings defense forces a Justin Herbert pass incomplete on third and three at the Vikings 23, leading to a Dustin Hopkins field goal to cut the lead to 4. The Vikings offense already looks like a well oiled machine, taking the ball from their own 25 all the way down the field to the Chargers 14, before Derwin James jumps a route and intercepts Kirk Cousins, taking the ball back to the Chargers 24, giving the ball to Los Angeles as the first quarter expires with the Vikings ahead, 7-3.

The Chargers open the second quarter with much of what we saw from them in the first. A steady, consistent offense that would march down the field, getting into the Minnesota red zone before once again stalling out after a 3rd and goal pass from the 5 yard line is batted down, forcing the Chargers to settle for a short field goal and cut the lead to 7-6. Both defenses would wake up at this point, as the Vikings next drive would take only three minutes off the clock before they were forced to punt back to Los Angeles, who would in turn take the ball all the way down to the two minute warning before punting back to the Vikings in turn. The Chargers defense would keep pressure on Minnesota, along with a few untimely penalties, to force another Minnesota punt and give the ball back to LA with 1:15 left in the half. A few chunk passes to Cook and Ekeler would get the ball down to the Vikings 9 yard line, before Justin Herbert would scramble into the end zone himself, giving the Chargers the lead and their first touchdown of the day with 45 seconds left in the half, as the Chargers now lead 13-7. Minnesota would get into their own two minute offense, the Vikings working the sideline to get to midfield with 14 seconds left on the clock, before a blown coverage would lead to a wide open Adam Theilen streaking into the endzone for a touchdown with 4 seconds left on the clock, sending the game into halftime with the Vikings on top yet again, 14-13.

The Chargers offense would pick up right where it left off as the third quarter begins, this time relying on a steady ground game from Austin Ekeler and Josh Kelley, driving down to the Vikings 8 yard line before Justin Herbert's pass into the endzone was intercepted by Eric Hendricks, ending the drive and returning the ball to the Vikings 18. Minnesota would grind out a long 7 minute drive that would end on an 11 yard sweep into the end zone by Mattison, aided by a Chargers facemask penalty the play before, and the Vikings would push their lead to 8 late in the third quarter, now leading 21-13. Los Angeles would take the kickoff and once again put together a sustained drive, draining the last 5 minutes from the third quarter and ending on a key 3rd and 1 at the Vikings 20 yard line, with Minnesota leading 21-13.

As the final quarter of the Super Bowl kicks off, the Chargers ground game once again strikes gold. A steady diet of Ekeler and Kelly power the Chargers down inside the 5, before Ekeler powers through for a touchdown. The Chargers would opt to go for the two point conversion, which is successful on a Josh Kelley pitch. The game is now tied 21-21 with 13 minutes left to play. Minnesota's offense, a steady constant all afternoon, would take the kickoff and turn it into their own five minute drive, Cousins finding Theilen on a key third down for 25 yards and crossing into the red zone. A few plays later, the Vikings would answer the Chargers score with a touchdown of their own as Cook would power through and score. Another successful PAT would see the Vikings retake the lead, 28-21 with 7:12 left on the clock. Not to be outdone, the Chargers would put together their own five minute drive to answer, moving steadily down the field before Justin Jackson would get free and cap off a ten yard run into the endzone, the PAT once again tying the game at 28-28 with 2:12 left on the clock.

The Vikings first play on the ensuing drive would start with a Cousins sack that would bring us to the two minute warning. On 2nd and 15 from their own 20, Cousins would find Jefferson in the flat for a 14 yard gain, where Minnesota would take their first timeout at 3rd and 1 with 1:51 left on the clock. Another pass would see Jefferson gain another 13 yards and a fresh set of downs at the Vikings 47. Cousins would then go onto orchestrate a masterpiece of a two minute drive, hitting Cook and Conklin for 8, 9, and 13 yard gains, the ball all the way down to the Chargers 23 yard line as the clock continues to tick down. After a few incompletions bring up 4th down, Greg Joseph trots out onto the field for his first field goal attempt of the game with 21 seconds left on the clock. The kick just hooks through the upright, giving the Vikings a 31-28 lead with 17 seconds left on the clock. It's too much for Herbert and company to overcome, as two long passes for Keenan Allen and Jalen Guyton fall incomplete, and the Minnesota Vikings claim the Superbowl Title, with MVP honors going to Adam Theilen after recording 5 receptions for 120 yards and a touchdown.

Minnesota 31
Los Angeles 28

Los Angeles Chargers vs Minnesota Vikings

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Rigged

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

a pleasing narrative to read. congratulations Vikings!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Kirk Cousins HoF??

Thanks for doing this, it’s been fun!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kirk secures his place in the elite tier. How do you like that?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

real season started. sb invalid

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
When's the simulated parade?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Herbie :(

Either way, great work Ross

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
lmao the Vikings winning the super bowl on a kick is incredible comedy from the simulation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Yay digital Vikings. Now they just need to win the SB in real life.