Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

if youve seent the retro shooter thread you know i became completely addicted to doom this year and eventually mapped so much while half awake that i started dreaming of sectors, vertcies and linedefs. the map pack here contains the fruits of my labor. the WAD contains 6 levels and a secret level, and it has all difficulties implemented. ive tested it in zDoom, DSDA/prBoom and Eternity Engine (my main port). it does not work in vanilla ports like chocolate or crispy doom, sadly. maybe next time.

Enjoy retro gamers and Doomheads :dukedog:

Download: https://doomshack.org/uploads/nukeway.zip

screenshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Let's go dude.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

looks so sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

Well. It's been real posting with you all for the last 7 years. I;m going to delete every account I have and throw my phone, computer and car into a suitably deep lake. Peace

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
never played doom before i'm going to play this tomorrow when i'm not turnt

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

heehee posted:

what the gently caress

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Well. It's been real posting with you all for the last 7 years. I;m going to delete every account I have and throw my phone, computer and car into a suitably deep lake. Peace

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I’ll check it out. Maybe not today, but sometime this week

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

heehee posted:

I would recommend Doom and Doom II first, it contains a lot of lore that explains the framework for this unofficial equel.

In Training fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 14, 2022

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

looks so sick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

looks so sick

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Looks cool OP I’ll check it out

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Looks great can’t wait to play it on Monday during work hours

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

In Training posted:

if youve seent the retro shooter thread you know i became completely addicted to doom this year and eventually mapped so much while half awake that i started dreaming of sectors, vertcies and linedefs. the map pack here contains the fruits of my labor. the WAD contains 6 levels and a secret level, and it has all difficulties implemented. ive tested it in zDoom, DSDA/prBoom and Eternity Engine (my main port). it does not work in vanilla ports like chocolate or crispy doom, sadly. maybe next time.

Enjoy retro gamers and Doomheads :dukedog:

NienNunb posted:

Looks great can’t wait to play it on Monday during work hours

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
playing through it right now, still a little unrefined but a big improvement over your first releases. you've got a good eye for fun encounters and set-pieces in that 90s-style vanilla toolset. looking forward to seeing more stuff from you in the future!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Kins posted:

playing through it right now, still a little unrefined but a big improvement over your first releases. you've got a good eye for fun encounters and set-pieces in that 90s-style vanilla toolset. looking forward to seeing more stuff from you in the future!

Thanks, and thanks again for the sick rear end interpic. It was a cool moment when the last level I made was the MAP02 slot as a remake of my first level and I finished the geometry layout beginning to end in like 2 hours, when the original, uglier and less functional version of the original level took me days.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

just played through the whole thing, still really fun & I liked the improvements / refinements you made to the maps I'd played earlier. Loss Prevention was really cool & I still think the library/archives is my favorite map in the set. Difficulty felt good on HMP too, seriously great work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is on the idgames archive now, with bugfixes and some level design tweaks. cheers to everyone for playing

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/m-o/nukeway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

This is on the idgames archive now, with bugfixes and some level design tweaks. cheers to everyone for playing

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/m-o/nukeway

Look ma, I'm in an idgames archive .txt file.