Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Humboldt 2.0: Even More Guns, Meth, and Water Theft?!??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
When I read Humboldt 2.0 I think another hockey team has been smashed by a transport truck.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Hey I'm in hu boldt what up

At work today I got attacked by swarms of mosquitoes and stepped in dog poo poo a bunch, this is normal stuff here

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Lotta stonefruit coming into season now, along with salmon berries and thimble berries. free fruit everywhere for most of the year is a plus here

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I still don't understand what it has to do with any of the words OP keeps posting. I hope OP gets the help they clearly need.

The article sounds generic but it's explicitly set in Eureka CA, Humboldt County. Thorpe went to my high school a few years earlier and wrote a different article slagging off EHS, which I read during lunch at EHS (pretty surreal).

Lots of people are connected to this area somehow, like Spongebob's creator getting a Marine Bio degree at Humboldt State University. Which unfortunately became Cal Poly Humboldt or something, now a STEMlord college instead of liberal arts. I would have been a redditor or 4chan rear end in a top hat without the mandatory liberal arts education HSU beats into every student, even math/physics. Like 24 general ed classes IIRC. Made me a loser goon instead of a loser sociopath like SV techbros

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Is the new cal poly designation actually going to change the liberal arts reqs

Also lmao I only ever had 1 of those classes because I transferred here with a bunch of prior units

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Hopefully they still make kids take everything, just assuming not now that it's a Polytechnic. But hey, free resume upgrade!

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

spicy take: Humboldt County, the movie, is actually...good?

but only if you've spent a significant amount of time in that lovely misty shithole weed town called Arcata.

miss me some los bagels gently caress

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Look, if you haven't walked your yak through your local CSU today, that's just loving shameful tbh

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Endor and JP2: The Lost World were shot in Fern Canyon

Swiss Army Man was shot in the redwoods here, made me want to move back (Covid actually did though)

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Analytic Engine posted:

This thread can be a rust-belt / similarly middle-america hellworld megathread

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lets be real tho the only actual cal poly is SLO. Like, oh, you went to Pomona? Lol okay bro, cool :jerkbag:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
No squid pics? Garbage

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

SLO attendee starter set:

1. rich parents
2. a wardrobe that eerily resembles that of your friends
3. a nice car bought and paid for by your parents
4. a seething hatred anybody slightly poorer than you

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

No squid pics? Garbage

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Analytic Engine posted:

The article sounds generic but it's explicitly set in Eureka CA, Humboldt County. Thorpe went to my high school a few years earlier and wrote a different article slagging off EHS, which I read during lunch at EHS (pretty surreal).

Lots of people are connected to this area somehow, like Spongebob's creator getting a Marine Bio degree at Humboldt State University. Which unfortunately became Cal Poly Humboldt or something, now a STEMlord college instead of liberal arts. I would have been a redditor or 4chan rear end in a top hat without the mandatory liberal arts education HSU beats into every student, even math/physics. Like 24 general ed classes IIRC. Made me a loser goon instead of a loser sociopath like SV techbros

Have you ever paid a man to poo poo on your chest?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

BigBadSteve posted:

Have you ever paid a man to poo poo on your chest?

support your local businesses! paid him in Community Currency

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I'm gonna move to town and reopen sharkeys arcade except it's gonna be called dickbutts place and you'll be able to smoke weed while you play pinball and karnov

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
We had a Sharkeys arcade in my hometown but it was just a front for drug dealing. I smoke the cheapest highest thc I can get, usually an oz of 18% for 70 bucks.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

The Voice of Labor posted:

I'm gonna move to town and reopen sharkeys arcade except it's gonna be called dickbutts place and you'll be able to smoke weed while you play pinball and karnov

gently caress Karnov, 1 HP was bullshit and we knew it

My dad would take me on Wednesdays where 5 bucks = 5x5 tokens x2 (double day). I'd hyperfocus for 50 games while he stood outside smoking

Plus there was that creepy "joke shop" next door

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I remember being given a film canister full of metal slugs for the machines and I cannot for the life of me remember who gave them to an 8 year old.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Analytic Engine posted:

gently caress Karnov, 1 HP was bullshit and we knew it

I dropped a token into karnov, played for a minute then played karnov in the woods for, like, a week. the dryad thing that's the second or third enemy blew my young mind with its coolness

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Isn't Humboldt like really wrapped up in crazy libertarian poo poo? Like, the same person that's like "yeah man weed is great I think things would be better if more people smoked" is also like "motherfucker if you ever so much as look at my loving fence again I'll have the god damned Yakuza drop 500,000 pounds of sand on your loving farm" and follow through on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Chief McHeath posted:

Isn't Humboldt like really wrapped up in crazy libertarian poo poo? Like, the same person that's like "yeah man weed is great I think things would be better if more people smoked" is also like "motherfucker if you ever so much as look at my loving fence again I'll have the god damned Yakuza drop 500,000 pounds of sand on your loving farm" and follow through on it?

well the town south of eureka is named loleta