Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

why should halloween have all the fun?

this arbor day, why not put bowls of botanically-themed treats up in your treetops and invite local children to shimmy up the trunks to collect their haul? ideas: almond bark, crunchberries, black forest cake pops, pine needle flavored life savers, bonsai skittles. for their part the kids will be adorable in their costumes: treebeard. quickbeam. skinbark. knotface. twigdick. all the ent characters the kids know and love!

and let's not forget: bobbing for pinecones. carving nut o' lanterns. and everyone's favorite, the living sacrifice to the ancient oak tree that screams during thunderstorms!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Ok, but I get to be the sacrifice.

Twenty Four

I agree, but I think arbor day is around 11 months away and Halloween is way closer, so I don't know if I can commit. Also I'm pretty positive that I either made a thread or posted in one advocating for second mid-year Halloween and I still support that idea 100%. I'm big on Halloween, so forgive my bias.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't have extra arbor day festivities, I'm all for celebration that doesn't require too much dedication but still worth doing something for! Something more low key then "nervously trying to remember people you feel like you should and doing something you hope they find thoughtful even if they probably wouldn't do the same for you but also doing too little for someone that went above and beyond for you" vs. more then "think about a tree if you manage to remember, maybe plant one that won't survive the winter if you want to I guess but likely just consider doing that but don't."

Manifisto posted:

bobbing for pinecones.

Probably safer then the time honored children's tradition of pine cone fights. At least you are in charge of your own destiny!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

So the parties the adults are having, we doing straight gin?

Manifisto

pixaal posted:

So the parties the adults are having, we doing straight gin?

another neglected trick or treating holiday is december 5, or repeal of prohibition day! obviously it would be insanely negligent to give children alcohol, but there's so much more to classy booze culture than the actual booze. imagine offering the eager young ones airline liquor bottles filled with fruit juice or soda, they can swig them down and pretend they're being sophisticated adults! what fun to dress as famous bar denizens throughout history, for example ernest hemingway, and as the evening progresses pretending to stagger drunkenly through the streets, slurring their speech, wearing lampshades on their heads, and finding each other increasingly attractive.

ty nesamdoom!

pixaal

We can make them mocktails! Here drink your screwdriver it's just Orange juice and water.

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

pixaal posted:

We can make them mocktails! Here drink your screwdriver it's just Orange juice and water.

faygo diet ginger ale shaken in a cocktail shaker, strained into a cocktail glass, garnished with a froot roll-up twist

ty nesamdoom!

pixaal

Manifisto posted:

faygo diet ginger ale shaken in a cocktail shaker, strained into a cocktail glass, garnished with a froot roll-up twist

wonder if you could get a swedish fish martini working, cranberry juice and lime juice is already virgin, triple sec you can probably just sub OJ and sugar. Not sure how big a role the vodka plays but you can probably just sub water and possibly something bitter. Garnish with several swedish fish at the bottom of the glass, tell the kids you left them in a glass of water overnight to make it. Like just a normal old table glass, nothing fancy. We're messing with the kids.

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

pixaal posted:

wonder if you could get a swedish fish martini working, cranberry juice and lime juice is already virgin, triple sec you can probably just sub OJ and sugar. Not sure how big a role the vodka plays but you can probably just sub water and possibly something bitter. Garnish with several swedish fish at the bottom of the glass, tell the kids you left them in a glass of water overnight to make it. Like just a normal old table glass, nothing fancy. We're messing with the kids.

these are all good thoughts, for a way for kids to celebrate end of prohibition day, december 5! but what other holidays can we punch up with some trick or treating goodness?

ty nesamdoom!

pixaal

February is kinda dull. What happened? Music died, maybe we can celebrate music? Get everyone listening to fun music. We can have a big party with a potluck playlist where everyone brings 2 songs.

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

pixaal posted:

February is kinda dull. What happened? Music died, maybe we can celebrate music? Get everyone listening to fun music. We can have a big party with a potluck playlist where everyone brings 2 songs.

Feb. 3 is a perfect musical holiday! the kids can go door to door collecting slices of pie!

ty nesamdoom!

google THIS

I thought beyond trick or treat was when you dress up as kelp but your costume looks exactly like a cow

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I thought it was teaching kids to meditate nondualistically on Halloween, seeing the sameness and emptiness of both trick and treat

google THIS

Trick Treat & Beyond

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

Trick Treat & Beyond

lol

walking up the pathway to the place the call the "witch house" on mulberry lane, a boisterous group of trick-or-treaters meet a clutch of children shuffling slowly and silently in the other direction. they are ghostly silent and their vacant stares are directed somewhere into the unseen distance. one of the new group yells "hey, what's the candy like up there?" a waxen-faced boy in the returning group mutters "the goat with a thousand young returns, all hail." the others chant "all hail" in response and continue on their somber way.

ty nesamdoom!

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
personally I would be all about a day where folks go door to door exchanging used books with rad covers. like those good 70s-90s ones with a wild painting of some sort that may or may not illustrate a climactic scene of/pervasive themes from the book itself.

this is also admittedly so I have a socially sanctioned reason to give kids books about Robin Hood, but my thoughts on Robin Hood are for a different thread

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

used books with rad covers. like those good 70s-90s ones with a wild painting of some sort that may or may not illustrate a climactic scene of/pervasive themes from the book itself.

frank r. paul's birthday, perhaps (april 18)

ty nesamdoom!