Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

LividLiquid posted:

It's about trauma and it rules.

Lovecraftian god > incel supervillain with daddy issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Nemo posted:

Based on Nancy’s diary, isn’t Hawkins in the upside down a snapshot of the day Will disappeared and not the day Vecna was banished there? I’m curious what he did in the intervening 3-4 years.

Yes, there's no way 1 would know about how hawkins looked in the 1980s he'd been in the UD for years at that point and not outside the hospital for decades before that. My thinking is that Will had the same effect on the UD that Vecna did but in a more positive way, probably because he was a kid with a great imagination and desperately wanted to go back home. I think there's going to be a lot more to Will in S5 wrt that and how much power he may have in the UD that he's unaware of.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Wasn't 1 put in the upside down by 11 when she escaped though?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BonHair posted:

Wasn't 1 put in the upside down by 11 when she escaped though?

yes

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The stuff in the lab happens in 1979 and Eleven doesn't escape until 1983.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MLSM posted:

Lovecraftian god > incel supervillain with daddy issues
Okay? Both of those things are in this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

It can't really be a lovecraftian god, if it's a bit character.