Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://deadline.com/2022/05/ray-liotta-dies-67-goodfellas-1235033521/

Not funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL9rSwrsMHw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Just saw this too; RIP

Somebody once forced me to name what one movie was my favorite and I answered Goodfellas. I don’t agree with the premise of the question, but anyway Ray was obviously a massive, massive part of one of my favorites.

Other than that one I sorta only remember some of the slop he was in at the end of his career. Didn’t he star in some Uwe Boll video game movie?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I feel like his bit in Marriage Story showed the right script and director could have probably got us one good last Liotta role.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Obviously Goodfellas is incredible but he was also pretty good in Field of Dreams

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Obviously Goodfellas is incredible but he was also pretty good in Field of Dreams

He's also amazing when he shows up in Something Wild.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
A bit of a deep cut and not even from a good movie, but I loved Ray Liotta in "Unforgettable".

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Guess there wasn't No Escape after all.

quote:

Other than that one I sorta only remember some of the slop he was in at the end of his career. Didn’t he star in some Uwe Boll video game movie?

Yeah it was the first Dungeon Siege movie. A terrible movie that somehoe got a $60 million budget. Ray Liotta was definitrly having fun with it though. John Rhys Davies/etc. were playing it super straight but Ray Liotta and Matthew Lillard were really chewing up scenery and the only good things about it

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 27, 2022

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
A severely underappreciated Ray Liotta role was the character he played in Observe and Report.

Probably one of my top five favorite things he’s ever been in.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ray Liotta was easily the worst actor in Goodfellas but rip

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vegetable posted:

https://twitter.com/James_Caan/stat...ingawful.com%2F

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

Guess there wasn't No Escape after all.

That movie takes place in the year 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAuAlxsnPJg

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Vegetable posted:

Ridiculous.

I'd say his performance is every bit as masterful and iconic as DeNiro or Pesci. He pulls off what Malcolm McDowell did with Alex in A Clockwork Orange by playing a deeply unsympathetic character with so much screen presence and charisma that you forget how much of a piece of poo poo Henry Hill really is. Like ACO, his narration is the glue that holds the film together and I dare you to not savor every word. Especially the whole teenage section. "They did it outta respect."

And good god, those eyes.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

No Escape is top tier

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Any movie that begins with an officer getting fragged is off to a good start.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Ray Liotta was loving legendary in Goodfellas, a film I otherwise don't have much love for. It's obviously a good movie but it's always left me a bit cold in places.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

No Escape is top tier

Thanks for the recommendation. I hadn't heard of this movie before now.