Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

That was a really great gag. For those who didn't watch the show, because the premise of the show was that Jon Benjamin was making a tv show once the sound guy left all the audio dropped.

The joke is way better once you explained it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

deep dish peat moss posted:

h jon benjamin show tier list goes:

S tier:
Dr Katz
Home Movies
the wet hot american summer tv show where he played a talking can of vegetables

Other tiers: everything else

i actually watched the entirety of the Dick and Paula Celebrity Special (it's only six episodes) and it definitely deserves an F-tier below everything else. you are not missing out, just watch Dr Katz again. also lol at the absurdity of him literally voicing a different character every week and STILL not changing his voice (though he did do a good job as Jason in home movies)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

eSports Chaebol posted:

just watch Dr Katz again

no thank you

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Review: basically just an episode of bobs burgers but longer and with more expensive animation. Usually with these movie versions of shows they cram every character they can in but they restrained themselves from it. It didn’t have epic feeing these sorts of movies usually have either but that’s fine you don’t really need that. Disappointed there were only three music numbers. Recommend seeing it at a matinee or just waiting a month for it to show up on Disney plus

I was really glad they didn't go full musical. The musical numbers they did were solid, the last thing they needed was to water it down with more filler. Also glad they didn't try to crank it full mushy sentimental. Overall yeah it was just, here's is the show but more polished. Although they still couldn't get Bill Hader back for Mickey :argh:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I got the bobs burgers cook book, and it’s pretty solid.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So how did they write out Jimmy Pesto?

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I got the bobs burgers cook book, and it’s pretty solid.

It was the one thing on our wedding registry I picked. Thankfully someone did in fact buy it for us.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

Apparently, bob just gets fed up and shoots him right in the face and spends the rest of the movie dealing with the trauma. I can see why they saved this arc for the movie.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You could also just go see the Bobs Burgers Movie on a Friday night and be the only one in the theater OP.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

super sweet best pal posted:

They didn’t. He shows up twice but is just in the background and doesn’t say anything.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

He was funny as a character, it's not like the va brought anything special

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

He was funny as a character, it's not like the va brought anything special

They can't just replace his voice actor who do you think he is Mickey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjJkKn8WI6w