Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In the show Phineas and Ferb (2007-2015), Phineas lives in a blended family with his older sister Candace and his step-brother Ferb and his stepfather Lawrence.

Phineas and Candice's biological father(s) is/are never named or shown on screen.

OR ARE THEY?

The identity of Candice's father remains uncertain but sharp-eyed viewers might have picked up certain clues as to the identity of Phineas's father.

Phineas's biological father is of course none other than Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz!

Consider these facts:

1) Dr. Doofenshmirtz has canonically dated Phineas's mom

2) Both Phineas and Dr. Doofenshmirtz have triangular heads capped with tufts of hair

3) Both Phineas and Doofenshmirtz are brilliant inventors

4) In the Phineas and Ferb Star Wars episode, Phineas is placed in the role of a Luke Skywalker analog. Who is Dr. Doofenshmirtz? None other than a Darth Vader analog. Spoiler alert: Darth Vader is Luke's father in Star Wars!

The creators have as much as told us that Doofenshmirtz is Phineas's dad, and now that you know the show's dark secret, your world will never be the same!

Follow me, like and subscribe and be sure to turn on maximum alerts for more completely mind-blowing TV revelations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money
nah, i'm good

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cosmo and Wanda from Fairly Godparents are SECRETLY EVIL!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

A lot of people died making this show just fyi

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money
lol i guess i don't know whatever

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

i've never seen it op but I really appreciate this information

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

A lot of people died making this show just fyi

Horses too. Straight up massacre

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

i've never seen it op but I really appreciate this information

Dude do yourself a favor and just marathon it straight through. It starts great in Season 1 and then gets better.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Fan theory: Ash Ketchum died from being electrocuted by Pikachu in the first episode and the rest of the series is just his dying hallucination.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Applewhite posted:

Fan theory: Ash Ketchum died from being electrocuted by Pikachu in the first episode and the rest of the series is just his dying hallucination.

you're thinking of paranoia agent

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

you're thinking of paranoia agent

Yes, sorry.

Paranoia Agent died from being electrocuted by Pikachu in the first episode and the rest of the series is just his dying hallucination.

beauty queen breakdown
Dec 21, 2010

partially cromulent posting.
"2021's worst kept secret"

Applewhite posted:

Yes, sorry.

Paranoia Agent died from being electrocuted by Pikachu in the first episode and the rest of the series is just his dying hallucination.

This would explain a lot about the ending of Pokemon: The First Movie (which I believe was released as Pokemon: Doki Doki Panic in the original Japanese)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Sanguinius and Ferb

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

Sanguinius and Morb

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Applewhite posted:

I like the one where somebody thought Adventure Time being Finn's dying hallucination was somehow darker than nuclear war erasing mankind a thousand years ago and mutants now ruling the remains.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Never actually watched the show, but this feels correct. Consider me Doofenpilled, OP.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Another shocker: that dumb platypus is actually a secret agent!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i hosed perry

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

op do you know any shocking secrets about shows that I care about? like, I dunno, sledge hammer! or twin peaks or something

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Voice of Labor posted:

op do you know any shocking secrets about shows that I care about? like, I dunno, sledge hammer! or twin peaks or something

i hosed the log

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

not, like, castigating your lifestyle if that's what you're into, but you know the log's a dude, right?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i hosed the little guy too

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Cartoons are for children OP

UNLESS they are an animated installment of the latest part of the MCU then they are artisitically significant.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They died in agony

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Generator Rex and Generator Gawl take place in the same universe.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Link's dead in Majora's Mask and Termina is purgatory or something.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

They're both test tube babies

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Chaplin again vocalised his political views in Monsieur Verdoux, criticising capitalism and arguing that the world encourages mass killing through wars and weapons of mass destruction. Because of this, the film met with controversy when it was released in April 1947; Chaplin was booed at the premiere, and there were calls for a boycott. Monsieur Verdoux was the first Chaplin release that failed both critically and commercially in the United States. It was more successful abroad, and Chaplin's screenplay was nominated at the Academy Awards. He was proud of the film, writing in his autobiography, "Monsieur Verdoux is the cleverest and most brilliant film I have yet made."

The negative reaction to Monsieur Verdoux was largely the result of changes in Chaplin's public image. Along with damage of the Joan Barry scandal, he was publicly accused of being a communist. His political activity had heightened during World War II, when he campaigned for the opening of a Second Front to help the Soviet Union and supported various Soviet–American friendship groups. He was also friendly with several suspected communists, and attended functions given by Soviet diplomats in Los Angeles. In the political climate of 1940s America, such activities meant Chaplin was considered, as Larcher writes, "dangerously progressive and amoral". The FBI wanted him out of the country, and launched an official investigation in early 1947.

Chaplin denied being a communist, instead calling himself a "peacemonger", but felt the government's effort to suppress the ideology was an unacceptable infringement of civil liberties. Unwilling to be quiet about the issue, he openly protested against the trials of Communist Party members and the activities of the House Un-American Activities Committee.[283] Chaplin received a subpoena to appear before HUAC but was not called to testify. As his activities were widely reported in the press, and Cold War fears grew, questions were raised over his failure to take American citizenship. Calls were made for him to be deported; in one extreme and widely published example, Representative John E. Rankin, who helped establish HUAC, told Congress in June 1947: "[Chaplin's] very life in Hollywood is detrimental to the moral fabric of America. [If he is deported] ... his loathsome pictures can be kept from before the eyes of the American youth. He should be deported and gotten rid of at once."

In 2003, declassified British archives belonging to the British Foreign Office revealed that George Orwell secretly accused Chaplin of being a secret communist and a friend of the USSR. Chaplin's name was one of 35 Orwell gave to the Information Research Department (IRD), a secret British Cold War propaganda department which worked closely with the CIA, according to a 1949 document known as Orwell's list. Chaplin was not the only actor in America Orwell accused of being a secret communist. He also described American civil-rights leader and actor Paul Robeson as being "anti-white".

Chaplin decided to hold the world premiere of Limelight in London, since it was the setting of the film. As he left Los Angeles, he expressed a premonition that he would not be returning. At New York, he boarded the RMS Queen Elizabeth with his family on 18 September 1952. The next day, United States Attorney General James P. McGranery revoked Chaplin's re-entry permit and stated that he would have to submit to an interview concerning his political views and moral behaviour to re-enter the US. Although McGranery told the press that he had "a pretty good case against Chaplin", Maland has concluded, on the basis of the FBI files that were released in the 1980s, that the US government had no real evidence to prevent Chaplin's re-entry. It is likely that he would have gained entry if he had applied for it.[298] However, when Chaplin received a cablegram informing him of the news, he privately decided to cut his ties with the United States.

Chaplin did not attempt to return to the United States after his re-entry permit was revoked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Gramineous and Forb actually turn out to be woody shrubs. Shocking!