Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm talking about things that aren't as odd when you were a kid as they are when you think back as an adult.

By far, the weirdest one for me is this:

When I was in 6th grade, in band class, one of the kids was bragging to us about how he wasn't a virgin because he has sex with his mom.

It was just weird at the time, but looking back, it's incredibly hosed up and I doubt he was lying. Who would make up that sort of lie? I get trying to impress other kids with stories of your girlfriends in other states or what you did at summer camp. This seems different.

The odd thing is, I don't remember the kid who told the story, I just remember the story. And I remember the band teacher throwing chalkboard erasers at us for not paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

you don't remember seeing the kid because the kid was you

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
there's already a thread for this

its not even on page 2 lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
reposting because it's a true story and what the gently caress

Cubone posted:

the water fountain near the fourth grade class rooms started periodically shooting out weird pinkish red things, about the size and shape of an earthworm, but with the consistency of snot, maybe a little thicker

I don't know who first noticed it
when I found out I was going to take a drink and Che, who was an idiot and an rear end in a top hat, was hanging out next to it going "ughhhh you drink outta there?" to everybody who walked up so he could pretend they were disgusting to him. he showed me. you just ran the water for a bit and watched it. after a few seconds, a red thing would come out and then slip down the drain

when you're a kid, sometimes things happen that aren't supposed to happen but you don't think too much about it, because there's so much that you don't know, so to you it's just one of those things that you didn't know about. I think this is what we all were going through, because nobody brought it to an adult's attention

then kids started grabbing the red things and throwing them at each other
the teacher asked me where they were coming from, and I told her

and that's the last I heard of it. I have no idea what the red things were. I don't live in that area anymore, I haven't spoken to anyone who was present in over 20 years. all I know is I never drank out of that water fountain again

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
apparently the key point with white dog poo poo was that it did not come out of the dog white. the white is what remained after several days or weeks of i guess some combination of rainwater and decomposition leached the colour out of it, leaving behind the white component which was made up of calcium compounds from the bones the dog had been eating

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I remember thinking that I had mono in 7th grade because after running wind spirits I threw up the most disgustingly yellow bile or snot in copious amounts. I think my parents would've taken me to the doctor, but Hell idk

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

pity reply

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Bird poo poo used to be white :dafuq:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cubone posted:

reposting because it's a true story and what the gently caress

They're called bubblers

e: not the red things, the water fountains.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
when I was 11 or 12 I remember peeing standing up when ,alls a sudden, a little blood splashes on the seat from out of the aether. still have no idea where it came from

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Happiness

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Some friends and I found some kangaroo bones in the scrub behind the school and next to it were the pawprints of what we thought was some kind of big cat (although in retrospect it was probably just a huge dog). Big cats that had escaped from the circus and were wandering the bush was evidently a popular urban legend in Australia at the time. We spent a couple of weekends searching around the area for more clues and I think we might have found more unusual prints or bones but I don't really remember. Anyway somehow that evolved into one of my friends pretending he was being contacted by psychic panthers from space and the rest of us playing along for like the rest of the year.

Kids knew how to make their own fun back then.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Some friends and I found some kangaroo bones in the scrub behind the school and next to it were the pawprints of what we thought was some kind of big cat (although in retrospect it was probably just a huge dog). Big cats that had escaped from the circus and were wandering the bush was evidently a popular urban legend in Australia at the time. We spent a couple of weekends searching around the area for more clues and I think we might have found more unusual prints or bones but I don't really remember. Anyway somehow that evolved into one of my friends pretending he was being contacted by psychic panthers from space and the rest of us playing along for like the rest of the year.

Kids knew how to make their own fun back then.

I found a pork chop bone in the garden, from an old compost pile, and thought I'd found a fossil.
It went into the cigar box that I used to hoard my random poo poo that I'd found.

It was a stegosaurus probably I don't care HOW cleanly it looks to have been cut through and very much the same as the pork chops we are having for dinner. Mom.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Mostly a repost, but here's the weirdest, most bullshit-sounding thing that's ever happened to me.

From 1993-97, my family lived in a little town in Missouri with some unreasonably good cemeteries. My mom loves horror and history alike so we would go explore them on the regular, sometimes to read about the people buried there and sometimes just to spook ourselves. And because my sisters were teens, they had a lot of friends they introduced to the activity and everyone just kinda ended up loving it.

So we went out on one such adventure as a party of 6: My mom, one of my sisters, 2 of her friends, my friend and myself. All ladies. Half our party jumped the fence and the other half watched for cops. (We never vandalized, but there was a curfew.) Some weird stuff happened that night.

I was in cop watch crew with my friend and sister and we kept seeing headlights flash across the windows but no cars ever passed us. My mom and sister's friends came back real quick and said somebody was actually in the cemetery. My mom heard a man's voice (she still insists on this 25 years later) and one of the friends said she saw him. But here's the absolute bullshit part: I don't remember who saw it first, but we all got called around to the trunk of the car to look at something. There were handprints. All over the loving trunk. Dozens. Adult ones, child ones, toddler ones, all made of this gritty material. We naturally got the hell out of dodge.

The even more bullshit part is that we dropped off one of my sister's friends at a house party and she brought other people out to look at it. One person came out with a flashlight and we watched the loving things evaporate off the trunk. If it had been 10 years later, somebody would have had a goddamn camera.

I try not to think about this too often because I still have no explanation, and that upsets the gently caress outta me.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
scruff
mcgruff
chicago illinois,

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Das Boo posted:

Mostly a repost, but here's the weirdest, most bullshit-sounding thing that's ever happened to me.

From 1993-97, my family lived in a little town in Missouri with some unreasonably good cemeteries. My mom loves horror and history alike so we would go explore them on the regular, sometimes to read about the people buried there and sometimes just to spook ourselves. And because my sisters were teens, they had a lot of friends they introduced to the activity and everyone just kinda ended up loving it.

So we went out on one such adventure as a party of 6: My mom, one of my sisters, 2 of her friends, my friend and myself. All ladies. Half our party jumped the fence and the other half watched for cops. (We never vandalized, but there was a curfew.) Some weird stuff happened that night.

I was in cop watch crew with my friend and sister and we kept seeing headlights flash across the windows but no cars ever passed us. My mom and sister's friends came back real quick and said somebody was actually in the cemetery. My mom heard a man's voice (she still insists on this 25 years later) and one of the friends said she saw him. But here's the absolute bullshit part: I don't remember who saw it first, but we all got called around to the trunk of the car to look at something. There were handprints. All over the loving trunk. Dozens. Adult ones, child ones, toddler ones, all made of this gritty material. We naturally got the hell out of dodge.

The even more bullshit part is that we dropped off one of my sister's friends at a house party and she brought other people out to look at it. One person came out with a flashlight and we watched the loving things evaporate off the trunk. If it had been 10 years later, somebody would have had a goddamn camera.

I try not to think about this too often because I still have no explanation, and that upsets the gently caress outta me.

It's OK, ghosts aren't real and your memory isn't reliable.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

It's OK, ghosts aren't real and your memory isn't reliable.

I would feel a hell of a lot better about it if there weren't other witnesses. :tinfoil:

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

TMNT on the NES
what the gently caress was that poo poo, even? why did we even play it?

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Das Boo posted:

I would feel a hell of a lot better about it if there weren't other witnesses. :tinfoil:

ghost real, so what

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sweet.

If we're telling weird rear end stories from when we were younger, when I was walking through fields in the middle of the country I saw what I can only describe as "a guy about 7 and a half feet tall, wearing an all silver snow suit and a white helmet" walking through the field. Towards me.
Away from 'something' that he'd apparently tried to hide in the tree line and cover with branches.
He was making absolutely monstrous and fast strides through snow that was well over knee deep on average sized, teen me. I mean speed walking through it.

Now what a silver-suited, gigantic space man was doing in the middle of a country field and walking towards me with a purpose was doing, I can't say.
But I CAN say I booked it back to my house. Told my folks about it. And my dad took his shotgun and the dog and went to look, and what he found was this guys tracks in the field. That looked to come from the tree-line, like I'd said, and then, weirdly, doubled back on themselves. As if he was stepping in his own footsteps to go back the way he'd come.
And what was over from where he'd come?

A bunch of torn down pine boughs from trees around the area and 'an impression' of something, in the snow, where it'd been. No other tracks to or from it. Just a hole in the snow, essentially, and then nothing.

Every now and then I think about this story and ask myself 'what the gently caress' because honestly I got nothing to REALLY explain it.
I mean, COULD it have been a neighboring farmer? Sure.
Could it have been a random snow-mobiler who ran out of gas out there? Ok.

A farmer from a place I knew like the back of my hand and had never seen before? One who was FREAKISHLY and noticeably tall, enough for it to be the first thing that stood out to me, being 'drat that dude is huge'? Like I wouldn't recognize that guy?
A guy riding a snowmobile off from a marked trail? Going nowhere? Wearing an entire silver snow suit and white helmet?
And taking care to cover up whatever it was he was coming or going to so far as to literally cover his own tracks? Why? What the hell man?

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 7, 2022

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
it was bigfoot

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

my mom and I both witnessed (at the same time) some kind of generally human shaped apparition walking along in a certain part of our neighborhood from about 100' away. As it moved along, it sort of left a trail of itself. It was rather a similar visual effect to what's going on in this painting, except with a more clearly distinguishable human shape (especially legs.)

As soon as I saw it I could notice she had also stopped in place and was watching it. When it passed out of sight (behind trees) we looked at each other and acknowledged we had just seen something very weird.

e: yes this is a true story and a realpost.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mooey Cow posted:

it was bigfoot

It may as well have been. It wouldn't have made any difference.

As stupid as it sounds, maybe, my best guess overall that would seem to cover all the bases is "A test pilot got something hosed up"
It'd explain the suit. The helmet. The deliberate acts to conceal 'whatever'. The sudden appearance and then disappearance, etc. Doesn't explain how big the dude was, but hey I dunno if he was military who knows what they're feeding those guys.

Doesn't explain why the middle of nowhere Wisconsin as a place to show up but if I knew all that poo poo I'd be one doing it, not bumping into it trying to walk to my Grandma's house.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Some guy walked out of the woods near my elementary school and started striding across our ballfields towards the school. The teachers moved us all to the multipurpose room so we were away from windows and stuff. I remember someone saying that it was a student's dad who had just gone through a divorce. I remember this because I was in 2nd grade and barely understood what a divorce was, so this scared me on a really deep level like only kids can get scared. We were there for like half an hour and then a cop came and said they had arrested him, so we went back to the classroom. I looked outside at the field and there was a cop car still sitting there for the rest of the day.

My parents do not remember this at all so either the school never informed the parents (plausible), they plain forgot, or I just made up a whole bizarre event in my head.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
A kid got stuck in a basketball hoop and was stuck after recess. I watched the firefighters haul him out and then he went home.

Another time a dog was running on the fields.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Given your general age range, I'm actually surprised that the teachers had the wherewithal to move the students to the interior of the building, since things are so different now, you'd expect that, but not back then. Hell if that'd happened at my school one of the teachers probably would have sent a kid out to see what the hell was going on lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

precision posted:

there's already a thread for this

its not even on page 2 lmao

Yeah... sorry but we do have a thread for this! Don't need another one.