Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
*gestures around at everything* piss
STONKS
DIAMOND HANDS BIVTCH
buy. the. DIP.
everything is incredibly and profoundly stupid and bad now
Goku stock broker jumping out of highrise window
View Results

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

i love economists and politicians they make our lives good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bad Purchase posted:

who’s ready for a 0.75% rate hike???

hell, might as well do a full 1% at this point.

they really should just do a full point and get it over with imho

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

they really should just do a full point and get it over with imho

a full 1% and another 1% next year imo. cheap money hasn't stimulated the economy, capitalists aren't building factories or employing new workers or sharing profits by giving raises. they're pocketing the money by cashing out to shareholders. cheap credit is also sending property prices sky high by allowing banks to lend extraordinarily large sums to people based on the compounding interest equation. raising interest rates is going to hurt the middle class the most but it needs to be done at some point, as the glut of free money is destroying The Economy

my worry is that it's too late, and capitalists will need to be directly confronted, or they will simply respond by curtailing business and slashing employment instead of risk their own personal profits

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
I hate bidden, but man I wish trump was the one taking the blame for this. Bernie should have grown some balls and ran as an independent, thus sabotaging sleepy Joe's bid. Of course the hilarity of trump winning again and a second great recession occurring would ultimately lead to me loling to death.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The real economy died in 9/11. This one is an impostor.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Trump would be screaming at the fed to set negative rates by now.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

a full 1% and another 1% next year imo. cheap money hasn't stimulated the economy, capitalists aren't building factories or employing new workers or sharing profits by giving raises. they're pocketing the money by cashing out to shareholders. cheap credit is also sending property prices sky high by allowing banks to lend extraordinarily large sums to people based on the compounding interest equation. raising interest rates is going to hurt the middle class the most but it needs to be done at some point, as the glut of free money is destroying The Economy

my worry is that it's too late, and capitalists will need to be directly confronted, or they will simply respond by curtailing business and slashing employment instead of risk their own personal profits

vote :D

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

:D :cheers:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Inept posted:

i love economists and politicians they make our lives good

especially for south american countries in the 60s and 70s!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

kntfkr posted:

The real economy died in 9/11. This one is an impostor.

I always thought it was weird they found the economy's passport in the rubble. I mean, c'mon.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
They're rising interest rates! Time to cash in your crypto and put it in a Certificate of Deposit from your local Credit Union.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Outer Credit Unions, North Carolina

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Beard Dandruff posted:

I hate bidden, but man I wish trump was the one taking the blame for this. Bernie should have grown some balls and ran as an independent, thus sabotaging sleepy Joe's bid. Of course the hilarity of trump winning again and a second great recession occurring would ultimately lead to me loling to death.

If Bernie had gotten the nomination the shenanigans to stop him from being elected would have been a sight to see. Bloomberg running as an independent, possibly also the starbucks guy, lots of "centrists" deciding trump is preferable... the anti-Bernie ad buys would have been like during the Georgia senate races where every second of tv time was bought and they started buying ad time in neighboring states just in case, except on a nationwide scale.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hyrax Attack! posted:

If Bernie had gotten the nomination the shenanigans to stop him from being elected would have been a sight to see. Bloomberg running as an independent, possibly also the starbucks guy, lots of "centrists" deciding trump is preferable... the anti-Bernie ad buys would have been like during the Georgia senate races where every second of tv time was bought and they started buying ad time in neighboring states just in case, except on a nationwide scale.

The CIA literally would have killed him op.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i think if bernie had somehow won, there wouldn’t be mass panic by the cia or robber barons. anytime it looked like he was going to make some headway on anything remotely important, another dem senator would pull off their mask just like manchin and sinema. the best bernie would be able to do from the whitehouse is some executive action on stuff like student debt and immigration, which would immediately get challenged and overturned by the supreme court.

edit: vvv
that was pretty much my point. not that he wouldn't have done what he could, but that without an actual party that supports pro-labor policies backing him up (which the US doesn't have), there's not a lot he could do that wouldn't be immediately undone. i still voted for him in the primaries of course, just wasn't under much illusion it would matter.

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 14, 2022

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Way too much hyperventilating about what-ifs with Bernie. He would have gone down as a "big speeches, no results" president at-best. Progress is held back by the most opportunistic and stubborn senator in the room, seemingly by design. Warren would have been similar. I'm not sure what people think the president is capable of doing single-handedly to shape US policy.

naem
May 29, 2011

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

HD DAD posted:

This was made as satire, right?

:unsmith:

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I'm sure the articles about the People Of Means having to sell their spare yacht are being furiously constructed as we speak so that we know they're feeling pain too

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Jan 6 would've worked and the Dems wouldn't have done poo poo about it lol

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Look guys the economists and fed chairs are saying that this inflation is transitory and will eventually work itself out, don't worry about these consistently higher prices over the past year! Clearly they're not so out of touch with how the world works!

Ok, so now they're saying that maybe inflation is here to stay but they'll fight it and also it's good for workers, inflation will force employers to raise salaries and especially due to the worker shortage clearly wages are higher than ever now, that's what their theory books say! They don't need to have looked at the actual situation in the ground for 90% of the population who are only seeing their stagnant pay buying less, economic theory is always correct and they've got plenty of examples of people with high in-demand skillsets making more money than ever!

Ok so now they're saying they might have misjudged things and not taken the past year seriously enough, but don't worry, they've got a plan to fix it with more economic theory! Just listen to the people who clearly know more than us!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
maybe we should have built back bettert

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I’m going to use my $200k in equity to buy a solid gold toilet.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm going to mint an NFT of a toilet

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

That’s no hedge against inflation. Precious metals, brotha.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bad Purchase posted:

i make NFTs on the toilet :haibrow:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Chinatown posted:

Should really invest in a poop knife if they are that unflushable.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been laughing since the lockdown

Running out of air

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

BUG JUG posted:

Cool zone incoming.
About as prophetic as those doomsday predictions every year. Or, well, any post itt afaic

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It absolutely loving owns that Covid allowed the working class to finally get a leg up and demand higher wages and the corporate response was to throw a tantrum and raise prices through the roof and then, AND THEN, the Fed response-during a Dem administration and midterm election year, mind you- was to stagnate wages to “slow inflation”.

Lmao this country loving sucks and no one wants to help you.

You are on your own.

Nothing will change until we literally start executing capitalists in the street.

LOL!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Chinatown posted:

All of my turds are nonfungible

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bogus Adventure posted:

All of my turds are nonflushable

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkVt-hTU6E4

America's not a country. It's just a business. Now loving pay me.
~ Tyler Durden

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

What dip are you guys keeping an eye out for that you plan to invest in? I don't know a whole heck of a lot about this stuff but Copenhagen long cut seems to be pretty popular around where I live, but at the same time Skoal is a lot cheaper here and has a wintergreen flavor which might help me ease into this whole dip thing.

i was thinkin more of a guacamole

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

let's loving gooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOUoO6YIxXg

if you're looking to get into dipping, this is the most popular channel on youtube