Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Paul McCartney beat his meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bad Purchase posted:

According to John Lennon's one biography they would all jerk off together as teenagers so there's a thing for you to imagine next time you listen to them. Also he said they did ookie cookie so the Beatles ate each other's jizz

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Thank you Sir Paul for bringing us Badfinger.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I saw Paul McCartney at Uniqlo a couple years ago, he was ahead of me in the checkout line. He seemed like a nice guy but his hair looks pretty hosed up from behind.

Also, he’s 80

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Frank Black's solo stuff is way better than Paul "Blart, Mall Cop" McCartney's. Also Pixies are better than the Beatles. gently caress Cirque du Soleil & the blue man group! Also Jakob is the most talented Dylan. Detroit, what! Detroit, baby!

edit: i miss uniqlo

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

dee eight posted:

these are *ALL* the beatles:

john
paul
george
ringo
stu
pete
billy
that other george
charles
and
clarence

when they are gone, that's it. no more beatles.

You forgot Tahl and Gehrig.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

kntfkr posted:

Frank Black's solo stuff is way better than Paul "Blart, Mall Cop" McCartney's. Also Pixies are better than the Beatles. gently caress Cirque du Soleil & the blue man group! Also Jakob is the most talented Dylan. Detroit, what! Detroit, baby!

edit: i miss uniqlo

I'm trying to follow this but you sound drunk or high as gently caress. Pixies are my favorite band so I'm not going to argue that

Jakob Dylan from the Wallflowers is not better than Bob though what the heck

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
To be fair I saw Bob Dylan live once and he was loving awful. Willie Nelson was the first band and he was cool as hell and then Bob Dylan just sat at a piano never looking at the audience and I couldn't even recognize a song he was playing. So in a way he does suck

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

If you watch the Beatles Get Back documentary it is insane the amount of talent Paul McCartney has, you can just see it dripping off of him as he knocks out songs so quickly.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Caesar Saladin posted:

If you watch the Beatles Get Back documentary it is insane the amount of talent Paul McCartney has, you can just see it dripping off of him as he knocks out songs so quickly.

What has Paul McCartney done since the Beatles stopped playing together that is good though? Lennon at least had a few bangers. But Wings and whatever he did with his wife was just bad

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

To be fair I saw Bob Dylan live once and he was loving awful. Willie Nelson was the first band and he was cool as hell and then Bob Dylan just sat at a piano never looking at the audience and I couldn't even recognize a song he was playing. So in a way he does suck

lol same. it wasn't even a good piano just a crappy keyboard. and for whatever musical gifts he has (and he does have musical gifts) keyboard playing is not among them

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

It doesn't really matter, he made more good songs with the beatles than most bands are capable of in their entire career. Most bands only release one or two good albums anyway. I'd prefer to judge by how many good songs someone was capable of than bad songs, because its very very hard to write any good songs at all.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Paul rules and you gotta respect anybody that picks up the bass so the egomaniacs/~guitarists~ can endlessly gently caress themselves in the spotlight.

a good Paul NewCartney song that nobody really talks about is Jenny Wren, released in 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wubCa3JZdEk

it's sort of a sequel or companion piece to Blackbird. It's good

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I met a man last summer who claimed he bought two guitars from Lennon's assassin the week before Lennon was killed. I can't be sure he wasn't lying, but it seems like a weird, specific thing to lie about.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah, see. Jakob is a professional. He'd never let you down like that.

He can bring it home.....with one headlight!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i wish hed make like the other beatles and be dead :sigh:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

A good McCartney song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELlLIwhvknk

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
a good mcartney song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuEAVB3rXj4

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
My friend brought up how the only live music he's ever seen is his wife dragging him to a Paul McCartney concert, which is pretty much like going to see a quarter of a painting.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

lol dammit nooner

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

Aesop Poprock posted:

What has Paul McCartney done since the Beatles stopped playing together that is good though? Lennon at least had a few bangers. But Wings and whatever he did with his wife was just bad

McCartney 1 is deece. Ram is great. Band on the Run is great. Tug of War is great. McCartney II is quirky and fun. Also, there are a ton of other great tracks on some not great albums (not on Wild Life, tho, it really sucks). He was in the beatles, what more do you want??

He still owns live, too. Saw him a couple weeks ago and he totally brought it for a 3-hour set. His voice kinda has that wavery elderly man thing now, but it doesn't matter.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Pull M’Cock, eh?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
paul ol'fartney

lipid
Feb 21, 2001
check my machine

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

The beatles actually started out as a U2 cover band, but they were all the edge.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

They all slept with underage girls

We already knew they were british

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wings… the band The Beatles could have been!!!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

paul mcnarty was good

rip paul

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
He’s no Sean Price but hes okay

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I saw McCartney live back in 08 or 09. He was fine.

Enjoyed Elton John's live shows more, personally.

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.
He's headlining Glastonbury in ten days time.

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

Bad Purchase posted:

the phrase "Beat the Meatles" will always get a little chuckle out of me

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I feel like half the posts in this thread were drunk posts.

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

paul mcnarty was good

rip paul

Honestly, I think replacement Paul is better. He's had the more storied career at this point as well.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Aesop Poprock posted:

You don't go to a Dylan concert to hear him, you go to SEE him.

Caesar Saladin posted:

It doesn't really matter, he made more good songs with the beatles than most bands are capable of in their entire career. Most bands only release one or two good albums anyway. I'd prefer to judge by how many good songs someone was capable of than bad songs, because its very very hard to write any good songs at all.

Live and Let Die would have died if Guns N Roses didn't cover it on their biggest album ever.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bonzo posted:

Live and Let Die would have died if Guns N Roses didn't cover it on their biggest album ever.

thatsbait.gif

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Anyone been to Liverpool? Its proper crap its just loads of tacky Beatles poo poo everywhere you look