Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Sprite sells lymonade soda... It's yellow and has a more pronounced lemon over lime flavor. Our gas stations sell it in the fountain or I probably wouldn't have heard of it either.

Our McDonald's doesn't sell such a slushie though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Sounds like something you’d get at a fake franchise McDonald’s rather than a corporate store

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Remulak posted:

As for Coke Zero, I thought that you need sugar for the Icee magic to work?

Possibly on an industrial/commercial scale but I've had someone with a personal icee/slushie/whatever machine make up a batch with Coke Zero and Maker's at a party and it was great

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wendigee posted:

Sprite sells lymonade soda... It's yellow and has a more pronounced lemon over lime flavor. Our gas stations sell it in the fountain or I probably wouldn't have heard of it either.

Our McDonald's doesn't sell such a slushie though

IIRC lymonade is a summer flavor for Sprite.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Sprite is inferior to 7Up :awesome:

----------------

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
That’s debatable.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC lymonade is a summer flavor for Sprite.

They've been selling it year round at my gas station in 20oz bottles and in the fountain for a few years now. Your mileage may vary. I prefer it to regular sprite.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Clear soda is sprite. Yellow soda is Mountain Dew.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Someone failed their doctorate in soda studies.

Smdh.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have a confirmed Icee sighting, not that this is going to help you anymore. The Church's Chicken on 22nd between Alvernon and Columbus has an Icee machine.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Rick posted:

I have a confirmed Icee sighting, not that this is going to help you anymore. The Church's Chicken on 22nd between Alvernon and Columbus has an Icee machine.

:tipshat:
I am now in an area where the icee never left, they’re all over, even the ikea has a knockoff icee machine

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
And that place? Heaven.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I saw an ICEE TRUCK at Church's Chicken so I'm assuming they have Icees inside there. I tried to take a picture of it but there was just constant comic mishaps.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
I know at least one gas station that still sells Slush Puppies. You can't mix your flavors anymore, though. I still remember my Dad introducing me to the concept of a 'suicide', which was some of each flavor. Makes it come out black.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Pretzel place in the mall still churning out Slush Puppies in either red or blue, no mixing. Better off just getting a Slurpee with an actual flavor like Lime Crush

----------------

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

Futanari Damacy posted:

Pretzel place in the mall still churning out Slush Puppies in either red or blue, no mixing. Better off just getting a Slurpee with an actual flavor like Lime Crush

I was going to say the slurpees don't taste like nostalgia but they do too. I miss the round lenticular baseball card things that used to come on the bottoms of the cups.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

lemon pepper squishee

that’s all

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I drank a lot of slush puppies as a kid at the local clam shack type place. But what I remember most is how unlike an icee (apart from not being carbonated), the puppy has all these backwashy bits floating around, like coconut or something. And it was kind of gross. I probably always got blue flavor and that color often has coconut so I wouldn't be surprised if that was why. Coconut can be ok, but gd not in drinks. Ok that's my slush puppy story. Now it's mostly one of those things that young people buy nostalgic tee shirts from Walmart.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I watched a video where the guy visited the Excalibur hotel in Las Vegas and there was an Icee Machine in what I think was the Drench poolside bar.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I just bought some of this at Safeway

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Fartington Butts posted:

I just bought some of this at Safeway

"Cools your mouth as you eat"

Is it... minty berry cereal?

I wanna hear a trip report on this one.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
mmmm menthol captain crunch.

emmy took the hit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH0n-JzRehA&t=611s

----------------

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 7, 2023

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

7 11 has a vitaminwater zero sugar slurpee so where the gently caress si my coke zero slurpee? huh???

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

slush puppies bitches

https://www.slushpuppie.com/

look at that loving dog. you'd buy an ice based beverage from that dog

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

just lol if you trust any other dog in a beanie with your frozen treats

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

man I wonder how much it costs to get a slush puppie machine

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Voice of Labor posted:

man I wonder how much it costs to get a slush puppie machine

I had the idea that one could maybe make their own and ended up on a with a very interesting translation

https://uptownbaby.com/slush-puppie-machine-instruction

Anyway apparently there is a home machine and it seems incredibly loud on the video. As I initially imagined, the machine is basically a blender with another blender full of ice inside.

The “Slush Whaler” machines in convenience stores are quieter and there is some sort of additional engineering that automatically mix the water and syrup in and I am guessing have some sort of chilling element which is why you don’t see someone adding ice to these machines all day long. So my guess is, pretty expensive.

This doesn’t really answer your question but it was a nice distraction from the ennui.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

You can just buy them on eBay. $1300 + $175 shipping for a countertop, or several thousand for a floor standing model

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I remember being super excited several years ago to find that Highs still existed, and then super disappointed that they did not in fact have slush puppies anymore. However I did find a gas station in Laurel that still has them. Only 2 flavors and you don't get to pump your own, however.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

You can just buy them on eBay. $1300 + $175 shipping for a countertop, or several thousand for a floor standing model
drat the (home) Icee machines are way cheaper.

Commercial, seems you got to get in contact with the company and it looks like a whole franchisee thing. Maybe that's whence the icee went, generic slush machines became relatively cheap compared to paying some guy to rent an icee machine from who is also paying a cut to big Icee themselves.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

AvesPKS posted:

However I did find a gas station in Laurel that still has them. Only 2 flavors and you don't get to pump your own, however.

As a kid the Slush Puppie machine was always behind the counter and you had to ask the clerk for blue or red. My mother would send me over from the laundrymat to get a blue Slush Puppie and a pack of Salem Slim Lights.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

There was a slush puppie machine at my middle school for some reason, and also weirdly they didn’t have any flavor syrups so I thought slush puppie was just a the neutral base flavor for years. Honestly would love to have a neutral base slush puppie again

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Got a Mtn Dew®️ Pitch Black®️ Slurpee®️ today

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

all the homemade slush puppie recipes I'm seeing mix the flavoring in with the ice instead of crushing the ice then adding the syrup. are tiny little pearls of ice floating in an ice cold sea of flavor losttech?

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

As a kid the Slush Puppie machine was always behind the counter and you had to ask the clerk for blue or red. My mother would send me over from the laundrymat to get a blue Slush Puppie and a pack of Salem Slim Lights.

My dad would take me to get them and as a kid I felt like there were ten or twenty different flavors but it looks like there were 6, but he taught me about making a suicide which was to mix up all the flavors til it turned black. Thinking back this surely was a reference to an alcoholic drink.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

There was a slush puppie machine at my middle school for some reason, and also weirdly they didn’t have any flavor syrups so I thought slush puppie was just a the neutral base flavor for years. Honestly would love to have a neutral base slush puppie again

what is the base flavor? just sugar?

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Slush Puppy Neutral Base is a solid username.

Or reverse since apparently we live in the mirror universe.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

what is the base flavor? just sugar?

there's a little more to it than that but its hard to describe, definitely some citric acid and artificial flavoring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Whence the iciee? It's at Golden corral next to the ice cream machine and it's AYCD. But don't drink too much because it will fill your stomach with carbonation and you won't have any room for the bad food. Don't fall for their ploy. Thence the icee.