Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ortho
Jul 6, 2021

Is it possible to successfully install older versions of Skype? Whenever I try to, it immediate;y demands I upgrade and won't allow me to proceed with the install otherwise.

I don't want new Skype for two reasons:

One, I've already got the latest version installed on one of my computers and it's hideously unstable and malfunctions constantly;

Two, it seems you can no longer set your status to offline. I want to receive messages and I want to be able to send messages, but I don't want to be interfered with while on this computer and letting people know I'm online is a surefire way to do that.You can set it to "do not disturb", but that's not at all the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

the Spain Virus posted:

Is it possible to successfully install older versions of Skype? Whenever I try to, it immediate;y demands I upgrade and won't allow me to proceed with the install otherwise.

It could depend on what OS you're running.

You could try a really old version that might not try to force an update. Although sometimes old installers don't even work right on newer operating systems.

the Spain Virus posted:

Two, it seems you can no longer set your status to offline. I want to receive messages and I want to be able to send messages, but I don't want to be interfered with while on this computer and letting people know I'm online is a surefire way to do that.You can set it to "do not disturb", but that's not at all the same.

Invisible mode should work for you unless I'm missing something.