Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Problem description: My kid plays Star Stable Online, and has her own account on my computer. This is a regular user account without admin privileges. After an update that installed Game Guard, the game would pop up an AUC prompt every time it was started. Game Guard was removed in a recent update, but the AUC prompts remain.

I just want her to be able to run her game with me having to input my admin password for the AUC prompt.

Attempted fixes: I have reinstalled the game to get rid of Game Guard. I have tried giving her full permissions for the game folder and subfolders.

Recent changes: Nope. Just the regular system updates.

Operating system:W11

System specs: Lenovo Legion laptop. I can dig up the full system specs if they are relevant.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepBlue
Jul 7, 2004

SHMEH!!!

axolotl farmer posted:

Problem description: My kid plays Star Stable Online, and has her own account on my computer. This is a regular user account without admin privileges. After an update that installed Game Guard, the game would pop up an AUC prompt every time it was started. Game Guard was removed in a recent update, but the AUC prompts remain.

I just want her to be able to run her game with me having to input my admin password for the AUC prompt.

Attempted fixes: I have reinstalled the game to get rid of Game Guard. I have tried giving her full permissions for the game folder and subfolders.

Recent changes: Nope. Just the regular system updates.

Operating system:W11

System specs: Lenovo Legion laptop. I can dig up the full system specs if they are relevant.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Please take a look at the URL below on how to create a script that will allow you to save your password. You can create a shortcut for her to double-click and execute the game with admin privileges after making the script.

https://superuser.com/questions/521278/how-do-i-add-a-password-to-a-batch-file-to-automatically-authenticate

Your script would look like this

runas /noprofile /user:name-of-pc\name-of-user /savecred C:\path\to\application.exe

You should also limit the ability to edit that script by changing the permissions on it to only allow her user account to read and execute it.

DeepBlue fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 18, 2022

Mario
Oct 29, 2006
It's-a-me!
You can try setting an environment variable
pre:
__COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER
before launch. This will suppress the prompt and not elevate the process (if it does actually need to do something which had required elevation that will fail though).
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20161117-00/?p=94735

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Thanks for the tips :tipshat:

It went away after a recent update and I didn't have to fiddle with custom .bat files and stuff. :)