Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
This is a thread for discussing the works of David Attenborough. He's taught the world so much about nature and still working even though he's 96 years old. That's crazy!

What are your favourite documentaries that he's narrated? I really like Planet Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
He was director of programming for the BBC in the 70’s, so he knew about Jimmy Savile but didn’t say anything.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
He was great in Jurassic Park

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

loved him as batman's butler

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like the nature documentary he in

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I literally heard some documentary yesterday say "the late David Attenborough" and was like "wait no when the gently caress did he die?" Turns out he didn't and he's still alive so I have no idea what that doc was talking about.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Gravied Fattenburger

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

FPzero posted:

I literally heard some documentary yesterday say "the late David Attenborough" and was like "wait no when the gently caress did he die?" Turns out he didn't and he's still alive so I have no idea what that doc was talking about.

It's called future-proofing

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Just learned the other day that James Lovelock, the guy who coined the whole "Gaia" thing for environmentalism, is still alive at 102.

Anyway, Sir David, drat shame we never got a nature documentary spoof with him and his brother Richard in which David observes the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Just watch as he lives another 8 years and you look like a fool posting this thread

I will be waiting for that day to point and laugh at you. Remember it. Let every day that passes remind you of it and consume you more and more. Let it be your existential dread, your own personal pendulum blade.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

FPzero posted:

Obviously confusing him with his brother, the very much dead Richard Attenborough

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

https://www.wikiobits.com/Obits/David_Attenborough

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
the plants ones are the best. private life of plants and green planet

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

A lot of his early stuff is on youtube in full. Go watch him take an axe to a terminate mound in northern Australia!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Oh he won't die. He's 100% found the location of the fountain of youth in his travel's and yet he's told no one.

The lousy bastard.

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
The Private Life of Plants.
poo poo was scandalous.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
David Attanburrow creator of Wattaburgho

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JdzC7hVJiQ

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
He's as old as queen Elizabeth of England.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Leper Go-getter posted:

He's as old as queen Elizabeth of England.

He was also in charge of her Christmas speech broadcasts for a while.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Davey A picked up some hosed up kinks on his travels and now to bone down he needs his partner(s) to do mating displays and dances, and he actively critiques them, aggressively, if they don't know what they're doing.

"What the hell is that? You barely showed your wingspan, how am I supposed to be impressed? My dick is limp, limp and lifeless, thanks to your anti-erotic display of sexual prowess, or lack thereof. Out of here before I show you my cane!"

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Ez8 posted:

The Private Life of Plants.
poo poo was scandalous.

Great series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So I was curious and did some googling and actually found someone talking about whether or not he would’ve known about Savile and all they had was “no way! The bbc is too big and unwieldy for him to know these things!” Lol