Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Randalor posted:

... I'm sorry, the WHAT tcg? I mean, I know what Sand Land is, I read it back when Shonen Jump ran it... oh gently caress me, what, 20 years ago? Is there just a random resurgence in its popularity or are companies trying to cash in off of Toriyama's passing? That's an honest question, I have no idea if Sand Land started making a comeback before his death. It was a good manga.

there was a Sand Land movie released last year and it will be turned into an episodic anime now, so Bandai decided to cash in, but also bring Richard Garfield on board https://www.sandland-tac-card.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

A video game just got released recently as well so it seems like they're taking it to a whole bunch of media fronts.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Huh, so... it just randomly had a resurgence 20 years later that sadly coincided with Toriyama's death. That's unfortunate, but apparently the film did well so he got to see it start its come back, which is good.