Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Szyznyk posted:

The closest you’re going to get is Once Upon a Time in America and it’s loving ponderous.

yeah, plus it has James Woods in it, who I just can't stand as an actor let alone his politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

AHH F/UGH posted:

yeah, plus it has James Woods in it, who I just can't stand as an actor let alone his politics

James Woods owns bones in every movie, especially Diggstown

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Sheen Sheen posted:

These are great, but my favorite part is before the opening credits when De Niro turns into a mannequin for like half a second

so distracting

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

spaceblancmange posted:

so distracting

In a sign of good grace, they didn’t try to whack Lefty until he had finished his meal at Tony Roma’s. The Ant was classy like that.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

AHH F/UGH posted:

His character was based on a real guy too, same as Joe Pesci's character and Sharon Stone's

forums user Ghostpinballah has a great series on his podcast Ghost Stories for the End of the World that outlines the whole real story,

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BasicLich posted:

His character was based on a real guy too, same as Joe Pesci's character and Sharon Stone's

forums user Ghostpinballah has a great series on his podcast Ghost Stories for the End of the World that outlines the whole real story,

whoa sick thank you

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Sheen Sheen posted:

These are great, but my favorite part is before the opening credits when De Niro turns into a mannequin for like half a second

reminds me of the shot in Alien where the head becomes a human instantly in a really bad cut

like just go to another camera angle where it's not taking up the entire screen for a half second and it's fixed

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit

Animal-Mother posted:

"Leave da gun. Leave a comment, like and subscribe."

"Something something SHINEBOX", because that poo poo never gets old.

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit
Selah

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

AHH F/UGH posted:

i just wanna watch a period movie thats in 100% italian about the mob in the 1920s or whatever

This is pretty much the DeNiro half of Part II already - I'm pretty sure "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse" is the only english he says in the whole movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
the Seinfeld sendup to 3 is actually pretty charming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxwUoZgxAIQ