Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

syntaxfunction posted:

I miss my LP Classic with the P90s but I don't miss the weight. I'd love one of those Les Pauls that are just thinner and lighter, maybe with comfort carves, but everyone that does them seem to also need to change the body design in ways that they never look right to me.

The slim 60s Gibson neck was probably the nicest neck I've played, thin enough to play quickly but with chunk to make me feel confident.

I'd like an LP but like... add a double cut and a belly carve and a forearm contour, add a 9.5 radius neck and go ahead and make it 25.5" scale
and instead of the stop-tail give me 6-saddle adjustable style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'd like an LP but like... add a double cut and a belly carve and a forearm contour,
:discourse:

add a 9.5 radius neck and go ahead and make it 25.5" scale and instead of the stop-tail give me 6-saddle adjustable style
:thumbsdown:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the lp modern lite was a lot different, thiner, contoured, more comfortable than I thought when I picked one up in the store. but I can just play my sg instead

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ethanol posted:

I can just play my sg

nailed it.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
something really comfy about palm muting on a tune o matic with no stop bar thingy my pinky knuckle just nestles in there and it feels very accurate

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I just don't need the back half of my guitar looking like a suspension bridge

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

louise post plays an SG therefore they are cool

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I do.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
a trapeze tailpiece takes it further and looks cool as hell

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
More people need to embrace the Iceman.

Not sure on the Ibanez, but my Hondo has a belly cut.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've noodled on the LP a bit and yeah I don't think I like that thing at all. I like the Rickenbacker a lot more but I blew a string so I need to deal with that. (I've decided to just get a full setup done on it since who knows when it last had any sort of maintenance.)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

muike posted:

a trapeze tailpiece takes it further and looks cool as hell

More solid body guitars need trapeze tailpieces imo

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Sounds like some of y’all with wrist/hand comfort/ergonomic issues may enjoy multiscale necks.

E: my main guitar is 25.5 to 27” and not only is it super comfortable but I like the string tension more than a standard neck too. Only thing I don’t like more is barre chords below like the 5th fret or so, but who wants to play those anyway.

fullroundaction fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

:wrong: