Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many "new posts" excites you?
1 new post's
5 new post's
10 new post's
15 new post's
25 new post's
50 new post's
100 new post's
1000 NEW POSTS!!!!
0 new posts (I do not read the forums)
View Results

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have maybe a dozen or so threads that I try to check daily throughout the week and seeing one or two replies does not excite me very much. It's barely worth my time. Insulting, actually. But if I see 50+ well that can be a little bit stressful as I want to participate and have my posting friends read my posts, and not feel too left in the dust if a conversation got spicy as I get caught up, you know? My posting friends could have been waiting all day for me to weigh in.

I feel like 15-25 may be the best sweetspot for there being some good life to the thread to spend a few minutes reading while also not feeling like a huge time investment. As much as I would hope that goons would like to read every single thing of interest on here, if a thread moves too fast sometimes one must regrettably throw in the towel and just click the "last page" or two just to see what's going on.

This is of course a shameful move, and unbecoming of a prideful poster, since every single post in a thread is precious. But sacrifices are to be expected with us all being in our 30s, 40s now and can't spend all day posting anymore (but, if only...)

How about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
With really fast moving threads like the Trump lol thread or the Ukraine thread, I just click on the 2nd to last page and go from there. Usually they have like 150 - 400 new posts each day, don't have time for all that poo poo.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I wouldn’t worry about it op

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I generally avoid visiting the same thread twice. it's how I've kept the "deep state" off my tail for so long

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Wait you can read threads on this site

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

In any other sub? 30ish - little under a page is a nice reading amount

In gbs? Depends on the posts :sweatdrop:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
30 if im participating in it, 50 if im lurkin it, 0 if beep by grandpa is the OP of it.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

the sweet spot is 20-30 posts, that usually means some good stuff got posted

100+ is a bad sign, that means a terrible derail is underway. unless it's the bitcoin thread, then it's a very good sign

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Wall Balls posted:

unless it's the bitcoin thread, then it's a very good sign

Oh hey it’s sub 20k again 😌

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's 69 OP.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Anything above 500 is great because it means something terrible has happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

90,000 is a good number OP.