Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
This morning after I was taking a load out (heh) I noticed a United States American note currency sitting right at the front of the machine, to the value of 1 (one) United States Dollar.

Hardly a mystery, I hear you sneer disdainfully. Well cop this, I live in Great Nation of Australia

So tell me wisened and gnarled goon sleuths, how did this dollar find its way into my washing machine? :tinfoil:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

dollar bill clearly has the illuminati on it, that should answer your question and raise further questions instead

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Tebulot

im hip now bois

I got a pile of $1 notes from when I was deployed to afgan, so maybe somebody was trying to see if they can get some use out of theirs?

Chewbecca

Tebulot posted:

I got a pile of $1 notes from when I was deployed to afgan, so maybe somebody was trying to see if they can get some use out of theirs?

Is the use sneaking the $1 bills into Australian washing machines under the cover of darkness?

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

you're in australia so the reverse side is showing instead op

Chewbecca

If the $1 is a pay-to-post bribe, my DMs are open fyi

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Chewbecca posted:

Is the use sneaking the $1 bills into Australian washing machines under the cover of darkness?

Lmao yeah probs

I can't remember if that was all masonic or illuminai imagery though, maybe hit up your local lodge and ask them what it was doing in the washing machine

Chewbecca

Maybe thats what they want me to do :tinfoil:

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Chewbecca posted:

it's clearly counterfeit. expect US Marshalls soon
:ohdear:

Tebulot

im hip now bois

2 American dudes named Marshall: hey I think that's my dollar u found

Chewbecca

US Marshalls have no jurusdiction here :colbert:

I only respect the authority of a Gaz, or maybe a couple of Wazzas :australia:

Ass-penny

I'm assuming this is a private laundry machine at your place? because if you're at a laundromat I'd assume it was left by someone before you.

any chance you were handed an american note in place of an aussie one last time you got change for something and just failed to notice?

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

I'm assuming this is a private laundry machine at your place? because if you're at a laundromat I'd assume it was left by someone before you.

any chance you were handed an american note in place of an aussie one last time you got change for something and just failed to notice?

We use one dollar coins here in God's chosen country, Australia.

Please see below Exhibit A69.420:

Also I am a cool young professional on the go, using the 'tap and go' function. Who gets change ityool 2022? not this guy

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

paper money? in 2022?

very suspicious

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Finger Prince

Is it possible you might be Carmen Santiago?

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

:australia:

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Ass-penny

literally no one is spending paper notes still in Australia? are the denominations coins all the way up or are just single dollars replaced with coins?

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

literally no one is spending paper notes still in Australia? are the denominations coins all the way up or are just single dollars replaced with coins?

We are a simple people who barter for goods and services. I might offer a jar of vegemite in exchange for a lamington, you might offer a performance on a didgeridoo for a schooey or two

We make it work

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Marmite need not apply

Twenty Four

I'll take the blame. If that's the price to pay to have you around posting in byob again, it's a small price to pay. ($1)

Chewbecca

Twenty Four posted:

I'll take the blame. If that's the price to pay to have you around posting in byob again, it's a small price to pay. ($1)

The mystery was the friends we made along the way :unsmith:

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
its probably missing all its little friends, please consider sending it back home

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(
Lol this reminded me I still have leftover cash from US and AU trips a couple years back. :10bux: fighting in my wallet trying to gain the coveted "best currency in the English speaking market" award :thunk:

*UK law apparently requires me to put a big SPECIMEN on the photo for... reasons?

AU is the clear winner
UK was not as transparent
US was the most opaque by far

biosterous

silly australia, blue is the colour of $5 and purple is the colour of $10

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
non-american paper money is wild

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
You have discovered a specimen of the 'dollar' fungus, specious americanus, which proliferates mostly in North America, but can be found on other continents as well. It can infect the human body, so don't rub it on your feet or eyeballs.

cruft

It's payback for y'all loving with us about dropbears.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

cruft posted:

It's payback for y'all loving with us about dropbears.

what do you mean

we'd never lie to our american friends about something like that :colbert:

Khanstant
that might not be a real dollar, cut it in hal;f and see if the microchip is in

Heather Papps

hello friend

pro-tip: smash everything the government cares about with a hammer. maybe there's chips tracking you and your money. maybe there isn't! smashing stuff is fun regardless.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Ass-penny

how do aussies get their preferred powdered drugs up their noses with coins and barter? seems sus, as the kids would say :colbert:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Rolled up Woolworths receipts

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

how do aussies get their preferred powdered drugs up their noses with coins and barter? seems sus, as the kids would say :colbert:

First note itbp (in the below post) is ten dollarydoos from God's chosen country :ssh:

Unfortunately no Australian currency was found in my fine Australian washing machine? Mods??

NumptyScrub posted:

Lol this reminded me I still have leftover cash from US and AU trips a couple years back. :10bux: fighting in my wallet trying to gain the coveted "best currency in the English speaking market" award :thunk:

*UK law apparently requires me to put a big SPECIMEN on the photo for... reasons?

AU is the clear winner
UK was not as transparent
US was the most opaque by far

Chewbecca

Tebulot posted:

Rolled up Woolworths receipts

I prefer Chemist Warehouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine

Have you purchased any thrift store apparel recently? Maybe it was lurking in a pocket and now you have a maybe-haunted dollar