Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Nap Ghost

Yaldabaoth posted:

That would be more effective against demons. Ghosts are just human spirits and humans aren't vulnerable to holy icons.

you could probably brain someone with the chain or anvil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Buce posted:

I'm on a number of medications for severe psychiatric conditions.
:same:

:respek:

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you could probably brain someone with the chain or anvil

I think if i brained someone with the bible that is attached to the chain it would hurt.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Yes but to a human it would just be a blunt weapon with no spiritual properties.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Nap Ghost

Applesnots posted:

I think if i brained someone with the bible that is attached to the chain it would hurt.

I love your faith.
It would not

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I love your faith.
It would not

Adding blessed 10 penny nails

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Nap Ghost

Applesnots posted:

Adding blessed 10 penny nails

you and I work the bible differently

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Getting hit by the Codex Gigas would probably hurt pretty bad:

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Got a lot of problems.

Got a lot of knives, too.

Not sure if that's related.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Nap Ghost

Obsidianheart posted:

Got a lot of problems.

Got a lot of knives, too.

Not sure if that's related.

I have a shotgun and a rifle. Are you an idiot?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

Getting hit by the Codex Gigas would probably hurt pretty bad:

Can you feasibly trick someone to rest their head in the middle and using them as a bookmark?

asking for a friend

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

I like to double tap the top of my beer cans like a little knock before I open it.

Well that’s just good sense

naem
May 29, 2011

I have hope for the future and believe in true love

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

naem posted:

I have hope for the future and believe in true love

Well if you're going to just make fun of us you can :getout:

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I’m manic depressive

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Nap Ghost

Lt. Cock posted:

I’m manic depressive

Hi manic depressive. Im dad

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Mods please ban this villain, their actions are about to send me into a pit of despair or also maybe I will try to write a novel and learn to program and put together an entire gallery worth of paintings all at once.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Nap Ghost

Lt. Cock posted:

Mods please ban this villain, their actions are about to send me into a pit of despair or also maybe I will try to write a novel and learn to program and put together an entire gallery worth of paintings all at once.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

When I was a kid (like, sub-13 years old) I used to have things like:

Thinking my mom was poisoning my food so I had to stand out there the entire time to be really sure she didn't (My mom is an unbelievably sweet and angelic woman. I was simultaneously aware of this and convinced she might poison my food. I was aware of the contradiction and it didn't make the feeling go away.)
Staying awake until 5 am on the couch, terrified and wide-eyed because I thought someone was gonna break in and kill my family
Thinking I was going to die because I touched my neck too hard (and like, freaking out and panicking for hours straight inconsolably for several days straight about it)
Thinking my thoughts were going to be broadcasted onto nearby TVs
Thinking that Santa could hear and see every single thought I had and that I needed to be extremely sure to think more good thoughts than bad thoughts to outweigh them so I don't end up on the Naughty List
Once I found out Santa isn't real: Thinking the same thing about God, and ghosts of dead relatives
Thinking maybe other people can hear my thoughts so I better be nice about them and DEFINITELY don't think anything weird or think anything "too hard" (in case people can't hear them normally but could if they're loud enough)

These all but disappeared around the time I hit my teens. I assumed they were relatively normal. Turns out a lot of these are symptoms of psychosis! Also, I have an immediate blood relative with schizophrenia!

I am 29 now and every so often I look back and I'm like "haha what the gently caress :xd:" and "haha what the gently caress :stonk:" simultaneously. Anyway I stay the gently caress away from anything that's known for triggering schizophrenia and count my lucky stars. Every so often I still have thoughts like "I shouldn't think anything weird in case someone here can read my thoughts". I try not to think about it too hard.

I should provide the additional context that I know a lot of kids are really anxious, so this probably doesn't seem too far-fetched, but I was an extremely chill kid with no anxiety. I didn't develop anxiety until later in life. Which just makes these random rear end thoughts (and the fact that I assumed everyone had them) even weirder. Like just the most relatively relaxed kid ever playing video games randomly thinking "mom is making me a sandwich I should go out there to make sure she doesn't poison it"

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 18, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I have exactly four things in my pockets when I'm out and about. Sometimes I'm holding one of them. I can always feel that the rest are, in fact, in my pockets. Every single time I step off the bus I have a mini panic attack thinking I've left my phone behind, usually while looking at my phone

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm off to work.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Nap Ghost
I am a crazy person. Everything hurts all the time, but I show up to work every weekday, and sometimes on saturday.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
when i had depression from ptsd really bad years ago i was convinced that my blood had been replaced with some sort of poison

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Nap Ghost
I don't think you understand. Everything hurts. My toes hurt, my feet hurt. my legs hurt. my chest hurts, my arms hurt, my hands hurt, my fingers hurt. my shoulders hurt, my head hurts. Everything hurts, all the time

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I worry about twisting my balls then one of them falls off

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

[*] i worry that the free market will not be able to solve the problem of human induced climate change
[/list]

Don't worry, because you already know the answer: it won't.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Gangster Computer God Worldwide Secret Containment Policy made possible solely by Worldwide Computer God Frankenstein Controls. Especially lifelong constant-threshold Brainwash Radio. Quiet and motionless, I can slightly hear it. Repeatedly this has saved my life on the streets.

Four billion wordwide population - all living - have a Computer God Containment Policy Brain Bank Brain, a real brain, in the Brain Bank Cities on the far side of the moon we never see.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That's not your crazy, stop stealing from dead authors and get your own!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

numberoneposter posted:

I like to double tap the top of my beer cans like a little knock before I open it.

I had a roommate in college that swore coke cans would fizz out if you didn't do this. Drove me nuts

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Les Os posted:

I worry about twisting my balls then one of them falls off

Stop twisting your balls

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
- when i was 6 or 7, i saw an episode of Thundarr the Barbarian which concerned the heroes being put into a lava pit. from that day forth, i was terrified of being put into a lava pit while i was sleeping, so i would always go to sleep holding my favorite stuffed animals and toys, because that would ensure i would have those things in heaven

- i have two tattoos on my left arm and one tattoo on my right arm. earlier this year i was considering getting another tattoo on my right arm, but i determined that it would be "unbalanced" to do so, and that it would only make sense if i got a new tattoo on each arm at the same time, thus making me have (2) and (3) tattoos; because 23 is a sacred number

- i experience "the 23 phenomenon" all the time. i have mega apophenia. despite this, i actually do believe that the number 23 is somehow magical. this is not just because of early exposure to Robert Anton Wilson and William Burroughs; i actually have a theory about why the number 23 shows up so often. see, it's the first "big number" most people can think of. anything in the 10s isn't that big. 20 or 21 seem small because of the 0/1. 22 is too symmetrical to seem big; "big"" things have to seem unwieldy in some way. hence 23. so when people say "i've got 23 million things to do", it's their brain going to the first "big number" they can think of. the next "big number" is 42, that's why 42 is so common too

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

precision posted:

- when i was 6 or 7, i saw an episode of Thundarr the Barbarian which concerned the heroes being put into a lava pit. from that day forth, i was terrified of being put into a lava pit while i was sleeping, so i would always go to sleep holding my favorite stuffed animals and toys, because that would ensure i would have those things in heaven

- i have two tattoos on my left arm and one tattoo on my right arm. earlier this year i was considering getting another tattoo on my right arm, but i determined that it would be "unbalanced" to do so, and that it would only make sense if i got a new tattoo on each arm at the same time, thus making me have (2) and (3) tattoos; because 23 is a sacred number

- i experience "the 23 phenomenon" all the time. i have mega apophenia. despite this, i actually do believe that the number 23 is somehow magical. this is not just because of early exposure to Robert Anton Wilson and William Burroughs; i actually have a theory about why the number 23 shows up so often. see, it's the first "big number" most people can think of. anything in the 10s isn't that big. 20 or 21 seem small because of the 0/1. 22 is too symmetrical to seem big; "big"" things have to seem unwieldy in some way. hence 23. so when people say "i've got 23 million things to do", it's their brain going to the first "big number" they can think of. the next "big number" is 42, that's why 42 is so common too

Have you seen this documentary?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0481369/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That's boring not crazy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

i keep meaning to, but i have seen the German film "23" which is based on a true story

quote:

In 1980s Germany at the height of the Cold War, 19-year-old Karl Koch (August Diehl) finds the world around him threatening and chaotic. Inspired by the fictitious character Hagbard Celine (from Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea's 1975 book Illuminatus! Trilogy), he starts investigating the backgrounds of political and economic power and discovers signs that make him believe in a worldwide conspiracy.

At a meeting of the Chaos Computer Club, Karl gets to know the student David (Fabian Busch). David and Karl are able to hack into the global data network—which is still, at this point, in its early stages—and their belief in social justice propels them into espionage for the KGB. Driven by contacts with a drug dealer—and by increasing KGB pressure to hack successfully into foreign systems—Karl spirals into a cocaine dependency and grows increasingly alienated from David.

In a drug-addled state, Karl begins to sit in front of his computer for days at a time. Perpetually sleepless, he also grows increasingly delusional. When David publicly reveals the espionage activity in which the two men have been engaged, Karl is left alone to face the consequences. Collapse soon follows. Karl is taken to a hospital to deal with his drug addiction and mysteriously dies after his supposed hacking of Chernobyl .

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

By popular demand posted:

That's boring not crazy.

don't worry, i'll get around to posting some of my really crazy things. problem is, it's kinda hard to think of those things because to me they're not crazy lmao

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

precision posted:

i keep meaning to, but i have seen the German film "23" which is based on a true story

Holy moly I just finished the trilogy a month ago and loved it. Thanks for sharin!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

teen witch posted:

Holy moly I just finished the trilogy a month ago and loved it. Thanks for sharin!

i just finished listening to the audiobook! i hadn't read it in many years. my only complaint was that some of the juvenile stuff was a little too pushed, which is why i generally prefer Wilson's The Historical Illuminatus Chronicles even though it's sadly unfinished ):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Are you an idiot?

Obviously. I paid :10bux: to post with the likes of you.