Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best City in Australia
This poll is closed.
Melbourne 47 13.09%
Sydney 21 5.85%
Canberra 16 4.46%
Perth 54 15.04%
Adelaide 26 7.24%
Darwin 8 2.23%
Alice Springs 12 3.34%
Brisbane 37 10.31%
Ipswich 8 2.23%
Logan 16 4.46%
Geelong 9 2.51%
Gold Coast 8 2.23%
Parramatta 7 1.95%
Bundaburg 6 1.67%
Newcastle 14 3.90%
Wollongong 10 2.79%
Bendigo 9 2.51%
Ballarat 11 3.06%
Wodonga 9 2.51%
Nimbin 31 8.64%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

The Lord Bude posted:

I think we’re past the point where lockdowns can be useful but I also think the Goverment is wrong to be winding down pandemic powers and leaving people to their own devices.

Co-Worker is still sick 4 weeks later and will probably be out of work for a long time to come.

Also, Albo just tested positive.

PCR testing is going to be shut down at drive thorough's end of the year. COVID is gone come 31/12/22.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

freebooter posted:

The thing is that I can kind of understand how Americans, whose government left them to their own devices from the get-go, could believe that it might be possible to eliminate or at least massively reduce COVID cases if only they had strong public health action - they're wrong, but I can see why they might believe it. But I can't understand how Australians who lived through the Delta lockdowns and then the Omicron wave could believe it.

What? The lockdowns worked. Heck, WA soundly punched Covid down to zero a number of times. It's Sydney that let the nation down. Sydney that let it breed out of control. Sydney that whinged and moaned and demanded we let their feces riddled fingers back into our lives.

Cats out of the bag now though, not putting it back in without welding people into their homes.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

My brother was there specifically to see TISM. And if I was still in Aus, I would have been right alongside him.

They did well. They had giant inflatable silver dildos tied to them which I assume everyone on stage signed off on but must have been a massive pain in the arse to perform with.

The sound sucked (I don't think the speaker stacks behind the sound stage were even on) and the food distribution was beyond a joke (>1.5 hour lines) and the beer was midstrength, but it was good to see heaps of people out flying their freaky flags and enjoying some live music. God knows how many covid cases up and down the east coast will come out of it.

I think Dance festivals are objectively more fun than Rock Festivals (especially the anguished shout-y rock festivals), but heaps of the bands put on a good show. NOFX and Kisschasey were both like "they're making us play this particular album in full, which feels weird, but whatever thanks for bearing with us". Also they had a karaoke stage, with a band that would play any song from a list of classics they had and anyone could get up and sing, and that was surprisingly awesome.

Regurgitator's trademark mix of styles was a great way to round it all out. They were always a staple on the circuit, but I never got too far into them, I think cos I could never quite put my finger on what they were. But they're a Very Good Band. I'd almost forgotten about this track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlmyKZMHboE

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

I think we’re past the point where lockdowns can be useful but I also think the Goverment is wrong to be winding down pandemic powers and leaving people to their own devices. I’m wholeheartedly in support of legally enforced mandatory mask policies during surges

There are no more "surges," there is only COVID forever, and if you're in favour of mask mandates you have to explain whether they'll still be necessary in the year 2100 and if not, why not

Konomex posted:

What? The lockdowns worked. Heck, WA soundly punched Covid down to zero a number of times. It's Sydney that let the nation down. Sydney that let it breed out of control. Sydney that whinged and moaned and demanded we let their feces riddled fingers back into our lives.

Cats out of the bag now though, not putting it back in without welding people into their homes.

They absolutely worked in the sense that they kept COVID at bay until the vast majority of Australians were vaccinated, but if you think it was either possible or desirable to maintain Fortress Australia for the rest of time you're huffing paint

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Seemlar posted:

The Covid-zero grifter bee-hive is all abuzz because Albo got Covid at a Pixies concert on the weekend :sparkles:

it was going around parliament/canberra before the weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Time to kill the annoying poll.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4019036