Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
let's get a government grant and conduct the research the world needs rn

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

google THIS posted:

Luke Skywalker: I can feel the good in you. The taint tingle.

Finger Prince

Areola Grande posted:

do u ever get the taint tingle when observing someone else in danger or just the rooftop ones. i only get the rooftop ones

No, only the rooftop ones, and the ol' ball clench when you see a video of some dude fall off a ladder or a parkour dude miss his jump or a skateboarder slip off a rail and square himself in the nards.

biosterous

Areola Grande posted:

I sincerely hope this frank discussion of taints and tingles is not over. there's so much more 2 say

taints & tingles is the most underrated dungeons & dragons ripoff imo

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

google THIS

Attaching lead wires to a suspected replicant's taint before starting the test

cruft

Really hoping somebody in BYOB is a medical researcher, and in a couple years we'll see a peer reviewed journal publish a paper about "taint tingles".

At the very least, this thread should be cited by the non-BYOB researcher who first publishes.

Hello, JAMA! :wave:

Finger Prince

google THIS posted:

Attaching lead wires to a suspected replicant's taint before starting the test

"You're standing at the edge of the roof of a tall building..."

"which building?"

"doesn't matter, Leon. You look down"

"why am I standing there?"

"...you look down, Leon, and your taint starts to tingling"

"what's a taint?"

"you know the bit between your balls and your rear end in a top hat?"

"yeah"

"that's your taint"

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

"You're standing at the edge of the roof of a tall building..."

"which building?"

"doesn't matter, Leon. You look down"

"why am I standing there?"

"...you look down, Leon, and your taint starts to tingling"

"what's a taint?"

"you know the bit between your balls and your rear end in a top hat?"

"yeah"

"that's your taint"

There's this device you can get that sends 9 volts through your crotch in little pulses. I forget what it's called, but the effect is that you go from sitting around watching TV to wanting to bone RIGHT NOW. At least, it does if you have a vulva. It doesn't seem to do much for dongs.

We mailed it to a friend because it turns out instantly going from nothing to wanting to bone RIGHT NOW isn't actually as fun as we thought it would be.

But anyway, this device already exists.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm always rolling natty 20's whenever i play taints n tingles

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

cruft

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm always rolling natty 20's whenever i play taints n tingles

DM: "You open the door and there are dongs everywhere. I mean, like, all over the floor."

P1: "Is there anything attached to the dongs?"

DM: "Nope. Just dongs."

P2: "This is creeping me out. I smash one with my mace."

P1: "Ow, my taint!"

google THIS

cruft posted:

DM: "You open the door and there are dongs everywhere. I mean, like, all over the floor."

P1: "Is there anything attached to the dongs?"

DM: "Nope. Just dongs."

P2: "This is creeping me out. I smash one with my mace."

P1: "Ow, my taint!"

Areola Grande

thinks that make u go kooloo-limpah

Areola Grande

now we just need some good taint jpegs :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

Dr. Byobertson of the Trink Brank Gornky Institute has announced groundbreaking research in the field of sympathetic taint tingle, an uncomfortable sensation felt in the taint in response to others getting hurt, or the sense that a person or someone else is in danger.

"We have made great strides toward figuring out why some people feel a grumble in their grundle when they or someone else are hurt or place in danger," said Dr. Byobertson.

Byobertson's method includes
a series of tests such as the well-known, the "sensitizing experiment" during which taint tingle occurs when people watch others hurt themselves. She also makes a point to mention that the experiment involves people watching other people hurting other people.

"When we have participants watch people watch themselves being abused, or when we show them pictures of others experiencing pain, most taint tingles don't occur," said Byobertson. "However, when people are in danger or seeing that they themselves could be harmed, and then when they see others who are in danger or could be harmed, about 80-85% of taint tinglers occur."

The research also shows that the more people in the picture who could be harmed, the more likely that taint tingle is to occur.

In the most recent experiments, subjects were asked to imagine themselves hurting or being hurt as they watch others hurt. They were then asked to imagine themselves and others being hurt as they watch others and themselves hurt.

After each scenario, each subject was asked how they felt, including how they felt when they saw people hurting themselves.

A preliminary analysis of results suggests that people are more likely to feel a taint tingle when they see others being harmed, and they are less likely to feel it when they see other people being hurt themselves, or when they imagine themselves harming others. They are also less likely to feel it when they imagine themselves being harmed.

"What's interesting is that we don't see any relationship between a person's own behavior and their reaction to that behavior," said Dr. Byobertson. "And these results don't suggest that we are imagining we're experiencing an emotional response in our own bodies."

Dr. Byobertson suggests that the reason people feel sympathetic distress in response to the harming of others may be due to the idea that we empathize with the feeling of others. She thinks this emotional response to another person's pain or suffering comes because we share a similar emotional experience.

The findings are the result of a collaboration between Dr. Byobertson, Dr. Prentice of NOL, Dr. Ostroff of UCLA, and Dr. Byrobertson's new husband. They were published in The Journal of Psychosomatic Research.

Byobertson also noted that this research was possible because of her husband's ability to be in two places at once. "Our research wouldn't be possible if I didn't have Dr. Byrobertson's husband."

Although the sensation in the taint is unpleasant, Dr. Byobertson suggested that the more of these experiments that are done, the better understanding of what makes us react to other people being hurt may come.