Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacheat
Feb 21, 2003
DIY'er here looking into turbine spray setups. I'm wondering if there's any thoughts or recommendations. New to body/paint and have been getting *ok* results with 2k clears in the can, etc.. but looking to up my game a bit and i also need to re-clear the roof of my beater daily ('09 Pontiac Vibe).
Was looking at some of the $750-900ish fuji setups.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Back in the 90's I remember my dad buying a turbine paint system out of a magazine. He used it a handful of times to paint fenders, engine bays. We still have it, but we mainly use it for kitchen cabinets, doors, shelving. It was replaced with a cheap HVLP gun and compressor. I would recommend buying a ~30 gallon compressor off craigslist (pending you have the room) and a ~decent $200 HVLP gun. Spend the remainder on a good cleaning kit, regulator, and some of those cheap 1 use filter elements.

Check out this channel for DIY.
https://www.youtube.com/c/PaintSociety