Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

norp posted:

Isn't that just kinda how it has to work? unless your shitwater has somewhere else to go it's gonna come out of the next highest exit.

Your real curse is that it's that easy to clog your main sewerage connection.

The worst I've ever had to deal with is the water in the trap getting blown out into the room when they send the cleaner down the sewer main in my street every year or so. Sometimes I notice the warning letter and make sure the seats are down, but not always :barf:

Is…is this normal? The only time my main has ever been clogged is when I was on the road and my wife and daughter chose to use paper towels for a couple days instead of going to the store and getting toilet paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I'll let you imagine the cursed image here.

My brother had a macerator unit (when you don't have a full sized waste pipe it... Macerates) in the top floor of the house he bought, it was in a little roof awning to the side of the room. Directly above the master bedroom.

It had got jammed due to never having had any maintenance, then the week after they got the floors replaced in the main bedroom it exploded and filled the awning with several weeks of partially macerated sewage. Which then broke through the ceiling.

Of course they just never used that toilet again and reattached the pipes to the macerator.

Now they're selling their house and it's listed as perfectly fine.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

norp posted:

Isn't that just kinda how it has to work? unless your shitwater has somewhere else to go it's gonna come out of the next highest exit.

Yeah, the same happens in skyscrapers too. I worked as the janitor in Burj Khalifa for a while, and had to go through every toilet in the building to find where the clog is. I finally quit when the maintenance lifts was out of order and we weren't allowed to use guest elevators.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I'm picturing the eyes and mouth floating in mid-air next to the puppet. This is excellent.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nenonen posted:

Yeah, the same happens in skyscrapers too. I worked as the janitor in Burj Khalifa for a while, and had to go through every toilet in the building to find where the clog is. I finally quit when the maintenance lifts was out of order and we weren't allowed to use guest elevators.

A more interesting than typical janitor story for sure

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I'm picturing the eyes and mouth floating in mid-air next to the puppet. This is excellent.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Nenonen posted:

Milo and POTUS posted:

A more interesting than typical janitor story for sure

I would honestly love to see a thread of unusual work stories like this.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

kinda owns tbh

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

"Bet you wish it was you that my hand is in"

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

So if that's Charlie Day, OP must be Frank Reynolds.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

If you posted the image without the tweet and said it was a screenshot from District 9 or Elysium I wouldn't even question it

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
The most dystopian image of the year so far. :eng101:

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

A warehouse next to slums is the most dystopian image? Please, thats nothing.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

If you posted the image without the tweet and said it was a screenshot from District 9 or Elysium I wouldn't even question it

The current popular comparison:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Someone post the Indian billionaire tower next door to slums

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Alexa, bring up the full picture of human misery, multiple screens

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:awesomelon:"I'm sorry, the amount of screens is insufficient"

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Back in the 30's they used to call those shanty towns Hoovervilles, what do we call them now? BidenVilles, TrumpVilles? (When he's president in a little les than a year)

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

"Affordable Housing"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tarkus posted:

Back in the 30's they used to call those shanty towns Hoovervilles, what do we call them now? BidenVilles, TrumpVilles? (When he's president in a little les than a year)

Obradorville would probably be more apt.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Do cursed links count if they have cursed images in them?

(:nms: WARNING for gross medical and surgical photos :nms:)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4257366/

I had this for about 10 years and only just now learned what it's called, from the r/relationships thread of all places.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
what's it called so i can just use my imagination instead of clicking on that

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

R.L. Stine posted:

Umbilical pilonidal sinus, apparently.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

R.L. Stine posted:

Gross bellybutton stuff, that's the medical name for it officially

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

titty_baby_ posted:

Or the Union Carbide plant in Bhopal

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
welcome to Costco

I love you

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

R.L. Stine posted:

does your belly button smell really bad and has a gross discharge? then this article is for you!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
nooo bellybutton stuff squicks me out people put their finger in it and I get the No Feeling

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If you stick your finger deep enough into your belly button, you go back in time.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

titty_baby_ posted:

That's so the poor people can tell all their friends that they live in a good neighborhood..
That tower is bringing their property values UP.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
thank you i will absolutely not be clicking the link

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

nooo bellybutton stuff squicks me out people put their finger in it and I get the No Feeling

Being 12 and seeing that scene in The Matrix unlocked a new fear I didn't know I had

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Being 12 and seeing that scene in The Matrix unlocked a new fear I didn't know I had

Being 19 didn't help temper that scene either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You think that's air you're breathing?