Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

like if a map is perfectly designed so that no starting position has an advantage or disadvantage, what corner of the map would you want to start in and why?

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

command & conquer tiberian dawn -> red alert 2: bottom right

command & conquer generals + zero hour: bottom left

i think it's because the ui is on the right for the old games and then on the bottom for C&C:G+ZH

command & conquer 3 had the ui on the right again but i still prefer bottom left

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i'm gonna be honestly pretty surprised if anyone actually prefers a top left/right starting position, because i always dislike having those for some reason

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

for me, having a preference for top corner would be like preferring to be the character starting on the right side of the screen in a fighting game

gallery of sigs

he/him

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
i reckon i've never played one OP. doesn't sound familiar

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Ass-penny

It's been years and years since I've played an RTS. Is it weird to say the middle? Exploring in all directions from your base makes it feel the most like reality. Otherwise I guess bottom left?

google THIS

It doesn't matter, I'll lose anyway because I never got the hang of simultaneously rushing resources and low level units

biosterous

google THIS posted:

It doesn't matter, I'll lose anyway because I never got the hang of simultaneously rushing resources and low level units

all i do is play against easy AI because i like winning, so,

gallery of sigs

he/him

Ass-penny

biosterous posted:

all i do is play against easy AI because i like winning, so,

no shame having a game you have a comfort level with and you just want to win with low stakes. I kind of do that with the HBS Shadowrun games.

Ohtori Akio
top right is nominally Dire which is fun. usually the bottom corners have a small vision advantage though

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

bottom left, because we should always dedicate ourselves to moving upward in life, much like mario is doomed to the sisyphean task of running right

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
<go left>
<walk left>
<turn left>

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I like top left for some reason. maybe because it's like reading? start at the top left of the page? also usually easiest to glance down at the minimap which seems usually to be bottom left or bottom right. At least in starcraft/AoE2 which are the rts i guess i have most experience with

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

toip left. it is the "protagonists' corner." the griffin door of corners. where as bottom left is the evil slither-in's corner

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I like top left for some reason. maybe because it's like reading? start at the top left of the page? also usually easiest to glance down at the minimap which seems usually to be bottom left or bottom right. At least in starcraft/AoE2 which are the rts i guess i have most experience with

ooooooh that is a very interesting perspective!

gallery of sigs

he/him