Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Morning yall

I took a couple days off this week to get some much needed rest and recreation. Gonna visit a bunch of museums today and play it by ear tomorrow. I like not being at work. I also got myself an ultrawide monitor, it's pretty sweet. I hope you all have a great tuesday and wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i took thursday off

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
not gonna lie, OP - i'm a lil jealous

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I am still quite sick.

Have not been to work in days.

So post in gassed thread.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Back from the park. I hadn't been to the Japanese garden in over a decade, it's huge now, you can almost get lost in it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

Back from the park. I hadn't been to the Japanese garden in over a decade, it's huge now, you can almost get lost in it

the one in SF?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

rotor posted:

the one in SF?

san diego

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i took this afternoon off since my head was killing me

also i replaced my kitchen faucet with one that actually has pressure through the sprayer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in this new job of mine I have those days off every week

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

damb that's the dream

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mate idk

the initial idea was I would use this time to try educate myself and widen career opportunity and advance my life

but that requires some modicum of motivation or drive or discipline or something

lmao

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I getcha. I'm trying to work on my skills too but finding time and motivation is hard. moreso motivation, like I have at least a couple hours each night I can work with but for the last long while I've been just falling asleep watching tv. I think I'm getting past it (exercise helps, and caffeine :twisted:) but it is an uphill battle

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
big props to ya for the effort you have managed

for a long time these days off for me were in the future, once started new job and school holidays over

this is the first week where I have the days off and no other responsibilities

god I hope I make better use of future ones

had this romanticised idea in my head or heading
to a cafe and working on the crimecommitter community, growing skills and desirability

it’s like as I get older I am increasingly suspicious of my brains stupid fantasies. “that’ll just be cringe” I now tell myself before I let myself imagine some future endeavour

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 27, 2022

supabump
Feb 8, 2014

echinopsis posted:

“that’ll just be cringe” I now tell myself before I let myself imagine some future endeavour

it probably will be but you gotta try anyway just in case it isn't

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

xpost

Moo Cowabunga posted:

I got offered a job today it said that I would be coding python pretty much 80-120 hours a fortnight and I said lol no thanks I’ll stick with my crappy excel functions see ya byeeeee

also I still have a massive sinus infection so still off work and super pleased to have to deal with the above phone call

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

supabump posted:

it probably will be but you gotta try anyway just in case it isn't

:hmmyes:

hold on to a deluded dream where I actually do something worthwhile one time

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

taking leave is praxis. also I don't know what praxis is, assume it's a good thing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
a lot of cool stuff was cringe before someone stopped caring

anyway echi try not to moralize how you use your rest period too much. it isn’t healthy for your noggin

here’s a robin stealing my blackberries this morning

https://i.imgur.com/E8IkOju.mp4

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Wednesday. I'm still off work. Probably a good chill day, do my laundry and spend some time on the exercise bike.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

a lot of cool stuff was cringe before someone stopped caring

anyway echi try not to moralize how you use your rest period too much. it isn’t healthy for your noggin

good points friend

used to feel guilty that I wasn’t using the time productively, I’m kind of over that, but it’s more of a challenge to lean into the things I like

maybe it’s the “comparison is the thief of joy” thing. when I was first doing rodtronics it was almost outsider “art” (as in I was doing my own thing in my own space, not based off other work or being part of a community), and I had fun doing it, but now (and this is the true for my photography too) there is so much to compare to, it’s hard to not feel lame about my own work because well lol it does kinda suck. which is what I need to get over, because when I enjoy doing it I do, who cares if the output sucks? that’s the goal -> not giving a poo poo.

apologies for the rambling

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

well it’s Thursday and I’m back at the office. I accomplished everything I wanted to on the break. only two more days to the weekend. thanks everyone for your well wishes and stuff.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I’ll have to close the thread when I get home so please don’t post in the meantime.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ok

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’ll have to close the thread when I get home so please don’t post in the meantime.

got it

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i don't follow

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

im goin on vacation tomorrow, SilverAlicorn are you willing and able to take on the responsibility of making the weekend thread in a timely and appropriate manner?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

well it’s Thursday and I’m back at the office. I accomplished everything I wanted to on the break.

:worship:

tell me your ways

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

rotor posted:

im goin on vacation tomorrow, SilverAlicorn are you willing and able to take on the responsibility of making the weekend thread in a timely and appropriate manner?

I make no promises but I will if nobody else beats me

echinopsis posted:

:worship:

tell me your ways

aim low

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor