Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems like the anime’s jumped ahead a few arcs all of a sudden (which I guess makes sense since it’s only 1 cour for now). As such, we might get the resolution to the current story here before Genm Corp reaches it in their translation of the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a decent manga, but i don't think the pacing translates well to anime. the original 2 episode arcs tended to drag, and now the anime uses 3 episode arcs for about the same amount of story instead.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

Seems like the anime’s jumped ahead a few arcs all of a sudden (which I guess makes sense since it’s only 1 cour for now). As such, we might get the resolution to the current story here before Genm Corp reaches it in their translation of the manga.

The "Whereabouts of c" arc got skipped completely, but it was also very short and not plot-relevant so I understand why, with limited time, they'd want to move to "The Closed k". "Whereabouts of c" can still be the beginning of the next season, perhaps. This episode also cuts some parts from the manga, but nothing too important, clearly for time.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well it seems like a classic closed room murder mystery. The detectives are out, the butler has no motive, the master of the mansion seems to be subservient to the grandmother, and we already know the art dealer is a Gaia Memory Dealer from previous episodes. I assume he wouldn't want to get his hands dirty so I don't think he's the dopant. So that leaves only the bridal candidates and the grandmother. Mostly everyone was drinking alcohol, and right now the show is pointing towards the buxom woman as the culprit since she and the geisha were having an argument. Though at the moment I am thinking it might be the grandmother since she didn't collect the candidates and the art dealer was the one who was scouting these people out.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/stage_fuuto/status/1574353091561865218?t=8S8nBZbk30lwmX_BEIdkFw&s=19

A stage play of an anime based off a manga based off a TV show that routinely had stage shows :allears:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

3 episodes left now (unless the show gets greenlit for another season that is) and since they skipped a few arcs I believe we’re now ahead of where GenmCorp is with the manga. I’ll be curious what they have in store for the last arc then.

Speaking of, how many arcs got skipped to get here, are any of them worth reading and if so what chapters do they encompass?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Larryb posted:

3 episodes left now (unless the show gets greenlit for another season that is) and since they skipped a few arcs I believe we’re now ahead of where GenmCorp is with the manga. I’ll be curious what they have in store for the last arc then.

Speaking of, how many arcs got skipped to get here, are any of them worth reading and if so what chapters do they encompass?

I glanced through what Genm translated, and I think they only skipped one arc. I forget what chapters the arc was, but it was right between the idol arc and the one that just ended.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

The only arc that got skipped was "Whereabouts of c", chapters 16 to 18. It was, as far as I can tell, completely irrelevant to the main plot so I can see why it got skipped if they wanted to get deeper into the actual plot. Which I have no idea about because I knew as much as Genm Corp translated and now the anime is farther than that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

The only arc that got skipped was "Whereabouts of c", chapters 16 to 18. It was, as far as I can tell, completely irrelevant to the main plot so I can see why it got skipped if they wanted to get deeper into the actual plot. Which I have no idea about because I knew as much as Genm Corp translated and now the anime is farther than that.

Is the arc worth reading on its own though?

Apparently another arc called “p is a Devil” (which seems to have comprised the whole of Volume 4) got skipped over as well

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

Is the arc worth reading on its own though?

Apparently another arc called “p is a Devil” (which seems to have comprised the whole of Volume 4) got skipped over as well

It's a short and cute arc. You won't lose too much time reading it and it has good emotional moments so I'd say it's worth reading, though I also can see why it'd get skipped.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

One thing I'm glad the anime has kept up is the toyetic nature of the show. I could see why a studio might be tempted to cut or lessen it but Studio Kai has kept them front and center and it just works so good for the series

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

One thing I'm glad the anime has kept up is the toyetic nature of the show. I could see why a studio might be tempted to cut or lessen it but Studio Kai has kept them front and center and it just works so good for the series

Always have to have at least one super-powered fight per episode. Just like the Toku

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

At least there's no overlapping jingle nonsense :colbert:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, am I correct in assuming they brought back the announcer from W for this (I know the rest of the cast is from at least one of the video games at any rate)?

Also I assume the little chibi shorts they do at the end of every episode are anime exclusive?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And it’s over. That was pretty good overall in my opinion and I hope it gets picked up for another season (the manga’s still going after all)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I feel another season is sure to happen, it gives Bandai the chance to resell Kamen Rider W merch and the manga still has a lot to adapt considering it's not over yet.

It was also a surprisingly pretty anime. It really did everything an adaptation should, though I wish it hadn't cut two arcs but I understand they probably thought this was the best place to end it in, since it gives a pretty good hook for the next season whenever that happens. And I hope it does, because this was some good Kamen Rider right here and it was very nice to see the W cast back, even if it's with new voices.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And even the new voices were close enough for the most part that after a while I didn’t even really notice a difference. Was the announcer voice the same guy from W though?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Just finished episode 8 and wow do I really hate three episode arcs. It feels super drawn out. But I can't say with confidence that part of the issue is that I don't really like the show at all. If it wasn't W and I wasn't watching it with a person who I really enjoyed watching W with I'm not sure I would've even made it this far.

I will say though that the reveal of the murderer in this episode was unexpected and felt pretty clever.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

And even the new voices were close enough for the most part that after a while I didn’t even really notice a difference. Was the announcer voice the same guy from W though?

Fumihiko Tachiki, yeah. He's back as both the narrator and the Gaia Memory/Driver/weapon voices. Being a voice actor he was likely easier to get back, and also replacing him may be harder since the toys still have his voice in them.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I really enjoyed this anime, I hope it comes back. I agree that it's a shame some content was skipped, but this felt like a pretty natural place to end the first season, so it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Was a blast in all ways. I look forward to season 2.