Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

My dad plays clarinet a lot, to the point that I heavily associate the instrument with him whenever I hear it. He's in a local orchestra, a concert band, and a quartet. When I heard the clarinet-heavy soundtrack for Netflix's Drifting Dragons, I really wanted to show it to him, but the first thing he asks is where he can get the sheet music to it, since he probably wants to try playing it. I'd like to buy some for him, but I don't really know anything about music and a few internet searches have turned up dry, so I guess I'd ask here. Where can I buy some anime sheet music?

I also don't watch all that much anime, and I'd be open to suggestions of other anime clarinet music if there's some sheet music that's easier to get. He's played a lot of movie music, a lot of John Williams, and even some klezmer and at least one polka (specifically the pie-in-the-face polka from The Great Race), but not much jazz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just off the top of my head, it seems a tough find to get "official" sheet music for anime music. I'm sure there's gotta be a corner of the net that transcribes anime tunes, though. I remember finding sheet music books for various video games like final fantasy when I was in Japan, but I've no idea how prevalent products like that are and if they ever make it stateside.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
no!!!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Your best bet is probably using Japanese Amazon and searching for 楽譜(がくふ) gakufu, for the specific series you want to find music for.

I found one for the ED for drifting dragons here https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4823502...ps%2C286&sr=8-1

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That's nice, but unfortunately near as I can figure from google translate, that's the ending theme of the show, which is nice, but it's more of a traditional rock/j-pop thing and no clarinet. The instrument list makes it more obvious. "Vo./ Cho&.S.E./ Piano/ E.G./ E.B./ Drs." Vocals, I think choir/chorus and special effects, electric guitar, electric bass, drums.

I tried doing other searches for the japanese name of the show, but all I could find were piano arrangements. :sigh: Ah well.