Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
update on the Inside the NBA contracts thing

https://awfulannouncing.com/tnt-sports/charles-barkley-leave-lose-nba-rights.html

quote:

“I covered my rear end to be honest with you,” Barkley said. “I just signed a 10-year deal two years ago, but one of the things I did was I put an opt-out in a couple years because I wanted to cover my rear end when it comes to this situation.”

Barkley revealed that he anticipated that TNT could lose its NBA rights over the course of his 10-year deal, although he and his colleagues thought it would be Apple taking their place. With Disney expected to maintain the league’s top package and Amazon having already reportedly agreed to a deal for select regular-season and postseason games, TNT remains in play to remain a part of the next rights deal, but could very well be outbid by NBC as the network attempts to bring the NBA back to its airwaves.

But regardless of what the NBA’s next rights deal looks like, Barkley maintains he has the ability to leave for a competitor if TNT isn’t a part of it. And while he didn’t say so explicitly, it might be a safe bet the same is true for his Inside the NBA co-hosts, as the show’s cast signed their new contract extensions in unison in 2022.

so Koop was probably right about all four guys having opt-outs of some sort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I also get the feeling that the NBA stuff means the AEW talks are gonna move slowly for a bit, just because WBD are probably focused on basketball.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NBA also is likely going to expand once new deals are signed, Silver has been saying as such.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think another Dave mentioned it that everyone is looking for 10 years deals right now to lock rights up and I wonder if AEW gets offered a 10 years deal with a big but not eye ball big increase do they take it

Anyway Collision and Dynamite were in the top 6 for entertainment programs from 4/22 to 4/28 which is a good number

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

STING 64 posted:

NBA also is likely going to expand once new deals are signed, Silver has been saying as such.

Sonics, bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I think another Dave mentioned it that everyone is looking for 10 years deals right now to lock rights up and I wonder if AEW gets offered a 10 years deal with a big but not eye ball big increase do they take it

Anyway Collision and Dynamite were in the top 6 for entertainment programs from 4/22 to 4/28 which is a good number

I feel like if Tony were given a promise that his fun wrestling promotion would be on TV in 2034 (while making reasonable money) he would take it instantly, but that's just gut.