Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

After being away from the game for awhile, I'm excited to see these "Blueprint Fragments" showing up as rewards for stuff. I always felt this game needed more currencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

wazu posted:

After being away from the game for awhile, I'm excited to see these "Blueprint Fragments" showing up as rewards for stuff. I always felt this game needed more currencies.

Good news! It's not a currency, just a junk event item you sell to vendors. The lore being that you're reading them as you get them to gather more knowledge on your Copero stronghold

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Medullah posted:

Good news! It's not a currency, just a junk event item you sell to vendors. The lore being that you're reading them as you get them to gather more knowledge on your Copero stronghold

Even better, thank you! I’m more addicted than ever now.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Every so often i get the itch to be in star wars that this game is the sole possible provider of

i can feel its almost time to scratch

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Never a good reason to delay any scratching if you ask me.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Sombrerotron posted:

Never a good reason to delay any scratching if you ask me.

I spent a few weeks building a campaign for Barotrauma and was thinking i might actually play it first but we'll see lol

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

I don't know what Barotrauma is but I bet it doesn't itch! C'mon, scratch, you know you want to...

On an entirely different subject, Swtorista's in-game birthday party is coming up - this Friday, to be exact. I've been to the last two and they were very entertaining, but given that it's not on a Saturday this time round and it'll be between 8:00 and 12:00 hours PST, you may be out of luck if you live in the Americas...

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934885-game-update-75-livestream-coming-may-1st/#comment-9812472

quote:

Hi all,

Happy to announce that we will be hosting the Game Update 7.5 dev stream on May 1st at 1pm CT / 6pm UTC. I know we initially said it would happen in April, but we wanted make sure PTS content was ready for you all before showing it off publicly.

As always, we will be hosting the stream over on our streaming channel!

See you all next week!
:toot:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

You guys remember when SWTOR launched and SA had a BUNCH of threads?

One thread for each advanced class/mirror
One thread for each class story
One thread for PVP
One thread for guild stuff

And now we just have one thread to rule them all!

They were all legit active threads too. Man swtor really had the potential to be amazing but they rushed out an incomplete product and just hemorrhaged players

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Medullah posted:

You guys remember when SWTOR launched and SA had a BUNCH of threads?

One thread for each advanced class/mirror
One thread for each class story
One thread for PVP
One thread for guild stuff

And now we just have one thread to rule them all!

They were all legit active threads too. Man swtor really had the potential to be amazing but they rushed out an incomplete product and just hemorrhaged players
Yeah. I remember testing the beta and thinking 'this is just an average WoW clone with voice acting and a coat of Star Wars paint' so I never really paid attention to it until much later when Shadow of Revan was released and everyone was super positive about it.

It's honestly wild how much the game has changed since launch and even since I started it back in 2015. I recently started fresh on the Shae Viszla server and the levelling experience these days is so much more streamlined and enjoyable from my original Imperial Agent where I had to do 90% of the quests and most of the flashpoints just to keep up with exp requirements.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
SWTOR's survived better than most WoW Killers, there's that much.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

This game probably would've fared better if by the time of its release WoW hadn't been around for years and accumulated a ton of content already. Some of the mechanis initially in the game were really painful, too (planetary commendations and companion gearing were the worst). But hey, even upon release it was still lightyears (ho ho) beyond SWG, and it's still around and being actively developed after 12 years. It's done pretty well all things considered.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I really enjoy this game. It's fixed most of the flaws with it, imo. I just do worry about its longevity at this point.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Didn’t this come out at the absolute pinnacle of Warcraft popularity? WOTLK is still GOATED

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Came out in 2012 during cata

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh lol

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Oh yeah, it was Warhammer Online that came then

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I really need to finish the other three main class stories sometime, earn that gold whatever

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Mercurius posted:

Yeah. I remember testing the beta and thinking 'this is just an average WoW clone with voice acting and a coat of Star Wars paint' so I never really paid attention to it until much later when Shadow of Revan was released and everyone was super positive about it.

It's honestly wild how much the game has changed since launch and even since I started it back in 2015. I recently started fresh on the Shae Viszla server and the levelling experience these days is so much more streamlined and enjoyable from my original Imperial Agent where I had to do 90% of the quests and most of the flashpoints just to keep up with exp requirements.

All quests, all side quests, the bonus planetary questline...ugh.

I recall the first time through wondering whether I would ever get off Taris

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

I didn't mind having to do all the content - certainly not the first time round; it's just that even when you did, it was quite challenging to keep both your own and your companion's gear up to snuff. Never mind switching companions if you didn't really need to (and of course once you got your one healing companion, there was little incentive to switch to any other unless maybe you were a healer yourself).

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i dont miss having to think about which companion to bring around for any reasons besides coolness

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Worf posted:

i dont miss having to think about which companion to bring around for any reasons besides coolness

RIP the poor Jedi Knights who ignored T7 until the end only to find out they had to use him, and he wasn't geared for poo poo.

Shortly after launch they added a way to get him some basic level 50 gear but holy poo poo that was BS in the beginning.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Whatever happened to Starfleet Dental?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

Whatever happened to Starfleet Dental?

I don't know if Starfleet Dental was ever "officially" in SWTOR, but if it was it was before I joined up with goons in 2013. We have That's No Goon (Imperial) and Goon Squad (Republic) but they have been largely inactive for like...10 years now. Our key raid group took a break before 3.0 dropped and....welp, I'm sure we'll all come back sooner or later to start up again! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

As far as I remember, Starfleet Dental was the primary (maybe even the only, but I don't quite remember) goon guild for SWTOR initially. Don't think it lasted very long though, what with the mass exodus of players after the first few months.

Regarding TNG and GS, I mean, from time to time I suggest we could maybe do something but nobody seems especially interested. Raiding beyond SM Ops is probably a bridge too far at this point (and even just getting a group of 8 together will be challenging enough), but some FPs or Uprising or whatever would be a start. Or some of us could simply occasionally participate in something like this. Anything just to get some of us in the same group at this point.